We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing-Datong-Xian

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Beijing-Datong-Xian

Hi guys,

I will be staying in China 4 days, three nights lending in Beijing on 15 of August early on the morning and leaving at 11am on 18 of August.

I was wondering if it's possible to see those three city in such a short period of time.

In Beijing i would like to see the Great China Wall, in Datong Hanging Temple & Yungang Grottoes and finally in Xian Terra-Cotta Army.

I was thinking taking the night train and visiting the site's during the day and so on. Do they have a showers in those night trains? Or should i just concentrate on one or two cities? The problem is that i might never have been able to go back there again.

Have anyone done such a trip? All advice will be well appreciated.

Cheers

Beijing, China
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

my suggests:

beijing to xian will take about five hours, visit greatwall take one day and you can take the night trains to xian, on the night train, you can wash face,but can't shower, xian take one day, you are only one day left you have go back to beijing, if you go to other cities,Time is pressing,Actually, the gugong in beijing, you relly should go and see, It is the essence of Beijing. Beijing roast duck is very delicious, the hutong of beijing is very interesting.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,752 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

Technically doable (barely)but neither fun nor a good idea. Just stay in Beijing, there is a lot to see there,

The cost of flying to China and buying a visa is rather high for just 3 days.

Beijing, China
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

right just stay in beijing you canit speak chinese maybe You may make mistakes it will waste your time. even if you went to the three places you can't say throughout all china, but if you stay in beijing, you could say that you know something about beijing. example peking duck

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

Thanks for the advice, I might decide on two cities in the end, so I won’t have to rush so much.

Datong or Xia? Any recommendations?

5. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 15:35
6. Re: Beijing-Datong-Xian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16