We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Need companions to share cost of transport from ship to city. (Sapphire Princess arriving 10 April 2015). Currently have hire car (very expensive), but this easily changed to bus/mini bus if sufficient response. A bit early, but I like to get everything organised early. Tricia E.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,050 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

There is no port in Beijing, Beijing is inland. You are probably arrive in Tianjin, a city of 10 million people about 125 milles from Beijing. This is why it is expensive.

You may want to post on this website as well: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Mentioned in this post
Tianjin
Tianjin
Tianjin Region, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Much obliged for yr input. Have been quoted $200USD for chauffeur driven car so knew it was a long way and not do-able by taxi etc I was unwilling to do this journey by train, if that was an option. Although have booked this, tour company very willing to upgrade my booking to a larger vehicle if I can get some support to share the cost. Thanks again

Patricia E

Perth
Level Contributor
508 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

We are using a company called China Highlights who provide a bus service from Port to Beijing

- $35 per person if booked before 31 July

Mentioned in this post
China Highlights
China Highlights
2,830 Reviews
Beijing, China
Dorval, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Princess also provides shuttle service to the Port of Tianjin, which is well recommended.

Marina - travel agent

Mentioned in this post
Tianjin
Tianjin
Tianjin Region, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Hi Marina Thanks for that. Did you mean shuttle port to city of Bejing? Port to local railway station not an option for me. Princess do not mention this in their info. Will certainly book with cruise line if available more for safety and reliability than anything else. Expect Princess would charge dearly for such a service, but safety first and in my book, preferred.

Dorval, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Patricia,

I mean that Princess offers a shuttle from the Airport to the pier (Tianjin) which is 2.5hrs away.

The price is approx. $95.00 Cdn per person. This is the pricing I have from Canada. Not sure from which part of the world you are booking. It is quite worth the money.

Hope this info helps.

Mentioned in this post
Tianjin
Tianjin
Tianjin Region, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this query. Unfortunately I am not going anywhere near the airport. I require transport only from the port to central Beijing hotel (one way). Thought I should clarify this. Again, thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Beijing Hotel
Beijing Hotel
1,202 Reviews
Beijing, China
8. Re: Transport Beijing Port to Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16