We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guide

Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
guide

I am looking to see what we are going to have to pay in China for a guide or a day or two in Beijing for two people with a car. I know we never paid more than $100 dollars in Thailand and Vietnam.

You can e mail me privately if you would like at kyleaz@earthlink.net

Thank you,

Kyleaz

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,749 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guide

China is more expensive than Thailand and Vietnam. Most of the time a car is not useful.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guide

Only if you go outside the city, like great wall, you need a car. In the city it is a waste of time to use a car.

For guides, search the forum for recommendations and contact the guides. Prices vary a bit.400-600 RMB. Car to GW typically 500-600 RMB

Misousri
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guide

For a day or two in Beijing, I am not sure you even need a guide. It is super easy to get around the city on the metro. All the stops are marked in English as well as Chinese, and the announcements are made in both languages. there is SO much to see in the city. For a two day visit, I would think all the places you would want to go to would have a metro line close by. Just seeing the Forbidden City takes most of a full day. I would recommend buying a good guide book [I like Insight Guides, but you are spoiled for choice], mapping out a route and going on your own.

Enjoy!

4. Re: guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 10:07
Edited: 14 July 2014, 10:07
5. Re: guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16