We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get to the airport

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best way to get to the airport

I am staying in the Jinsong area and have to catch a 9am flight. Any suggestions about whether I should take the subway or flag down a taxi? I'm quite familiar with the way the subway here works at this point and the station isn't too far from me. I only have one suitcase, so the subay seems like an economical option. The negatives: my suitcase is pretty heavy and I don't have a very clear idea of how long the subway ride takes. Perhaps I'd need to arrive there at 6am? As for the taxi, I'm guessing it will be much more expensive from here, though I don't have an idea of the exact cost. If I take a taxi, do I run the risk of getting caught in congested morning traffic and missing my plane? What would be the optimal time to leave?

Thanks in advance for throwing some light on the subject!

Edited: 24 July 2014, 09:04
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get to the airport

You have to be about 2 hrs in advance at the airport. So I would take a taxi around 6 am. Then you have some slack and you are a bit ahead of the real traffic peak.

Ask the hotel to get you a taxi. Costs will be close to 100 rmb.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get to the airport

I agree with BePu. I live in downtown at Wangfujing. This is what I have done in the past at that hour. Cost is less than 100 Rmb. Worth the cost for no hassles...

3. Re: best way to get to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16