We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miles Meng was a great car to book for our great wall trip

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Miles Meng was a great car to book for our great wall trip

We found this company on this forum. VERY professional. Driver was right on time with a very nice and comfortable car. He knew where to go and the fastest way to get there. Gave us perfect directions on what to do when he dropped us off at the great wall in Mitanyui (sp?) and after that he dropped us off at the summer palace. Again, great directions and advice.

The service is reasonably priced. No need for an actual guide, I think. For this trip, a driver alone is perfect and you can save cost. It was only approximately $120 US dollars.

I highly recommend Miles Meng if you want to go to the great wall. Make sure you add the summer palace to the day. If only there was no smog!!!!!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,785 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miles Meng was a great car to book for our great wall trip

I assume that you paid him in RMB not US$. So how much was that in RMB?

Bogota, Colombia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miles Meng was a great car to book for our great wall trip

I had a bad experience with one of the drivers ("Tong") on the 13/08/2014.

The driver drove very badly, fast and in an unsafe fashion. He was completely careless with traffic signs. And I don't just mean driving bad like some Chinese do: this guy was the worst driver in the streets we passed by, and people constantly were honking at him (and he was honking back...).

Also, when we got to the Great Wall he insisted in buying the tickets for us. Turns out he got a special price but charged us the full fare. Later he said it was for compensating the tolls and the parking... Wasn't that included in the price?

Finally, when we went to see the Ming tombs, we took us through a back alley and we missed the entrance (with the statues and other sights)...

So, overall: price is reasonable but the service could be better.

3. Re: Miles Meng was a great car to book for our great wall trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16