We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Great Wall

Braga, Portugal
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Great Wall

I will arrive the airport at 17:15 and will be there until 00:50.

Is there any chance for me to visit the Great Wall?

How much would it cost for me and my husband?

Thanks in advance!

Noemi

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Great Wall

It'd be too late to visit the Great Wall.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Hi,

The closest section of the wall to the Airport is Mutianyu but it will take over and hour to drive there & will be closed by the time you arrive.

There are un-restored sections of the wall that dont have admission charges or set closing times but it is very inadvisable to visit them at night. Some parts of these are crumbling, slippery and dangerous even during daylight hours. Your plan is not do-able.

If you didnt want to stay at the airport, the major tourists sites will be closed but you can still venture to inner Beijing and see a bit of neighborhood night life or try a restaurant. Let us know if you want some suggestions.

Annie

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,698 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Impossible. By the time that you clear immigration and go anywhere, it will be 19h00 so your only option besides sleeping is to have dinner and walk around.

4. Re: Airport to Great Wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 13:16
Braga, Portugal
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Hum... Thank you all.

To bad we can't make it

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Hi...

I am making a plan to visit Beijing myself. Weeks ago I found a website of a restaurant right in front of qianmen street, facing forbidden city. I think it was called capital m or something.

This place has a very good background view, especially for dinner.

I know this is no great wall. But you can have a very good picture of beijing landmark while having nice dinner fitted to your time slot.

Yongki

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,698 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Yes Capital M is one of the best restaurant in Beijing and has a great view.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Great Wall

Capital M is absolutely gorgeous, both views and menu ( There is also M on the Bund in Shanghai. )

www.m-restaurantgroup.com/capitalm/home.html

9. Re: Airport to Great Wall

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 18:05
10. Re: Airport to Great Wall

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17