We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Hi all.

I need your help on the best way to get to my hotel.

My flight lands at 5AM and i need to go to The Emperor Forbbiden City Hotel.

Im travelling on a budget so Taxi isn´t probably a choice.

My question is : at this time of the morning, are already trains available?

If so, whats the best way to go to the Hotel?

Thanks so much for your answers!

Cheers!

Hotel Eclat Beijing
Hotel Eclat Beijing
#3 of 6,647 hotels in Beijing
Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
#4 of 6,647 hotels in Beijing
Kerry Hotel Beijing
Kerry Hotel Beijing
#6 of 6,647 hotels in Beijing
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,031 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

You do not say if you are flying in international or domestic. If international, it will take on hour to clear customs and immigration. The first train is at 6h21.

If there are 2 of you, the price of a taxi is not much different.

The bus is the cheapest but it is not simple when you do not know the city.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

If you use the Airport Express / subway the closest station to your hotel is Dengshikou I think which means you will have well over a kilometer to walk with luggage.

You could have a look at the shuttle buses that run from Capital Airport but I dont think any of the routes will help you much. http://en.bcia.com.cn/traffic/airbus/

Its much easier by taxi ( about RMB100-120).

Mentioned in this post
Capital Airport
Capital Airport
Beijing, China
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Hi all!

Sorry, i was incomplete wit my post.

We are 2, arriving from Amsterdam.

I guess we will go by taxi.

One last question :

if i take a taxi, the price should be negotiated or the airport taxis do have a meter?

Once again, thanks for your help!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Taxis have meters and they should turn them on as you start your journey from the airport. Add to the meter price: additional 10 RMB for expressway toll, and another RMB 3 (I think) for fuel surcharge. It is probably the best method since there are two of you, and your hotel is not convenient to any of the Airport Shuttle bus stops nor any subway stations.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Thats good you are going to take a taxi. The subway would have cost you RMB 54 for 2 people & the taxi is not too much extra.

You will have touts approach you at the airport & telling you a set price, dont go with them. Join the official taxi line - if it looks a bit long it will move fast. The taxi should put his meter on, you can always point to it if you are unsure.

The Emperor is in a bit of an obscure location, so print out a map of where the hotel is to show the taxi driver ( as well as the name & address in Chinese).

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Hi again!

Thanks for the help.

But still wondering if it would be a money saver, if i took the airport express to Dongzhimen ( 50CNY for the 2 of us ) and then take the taxi to the Emperor Hotel.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot again for your help!

Vasco

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Empty taxis can be hard to get around Dongzhimen Transport Hub, that's the fallacy of your proposal. If you want to try and can snag one, likely it would be about RMB 25 to the Emperor Hotel at 06:30 in the morning. In other words, a total of about RMB 75 for both of you for the entire journey. Compare that to around RMB 110-120 for the taxi from the airport. You'll have to decide if the savings of RMB 40 is worth the increased effort and time involved---IMO it is not. And if you crap out and cannot find an empty at Dongzhimen hub, you'll probably have to resort to the subway system or bus system + a lengthy walk to get to your destination....cheap but not fun if you have much luggage.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Its really not a good idea and you wont be saving a lot of money.

That part of Dongzhimen is very busy for taxis even at that hour of the morning. As well as people exiting the subway trying to get a taxi it is also a bus and long distance bus station hub around that area. Hugely busy.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

Ok, so the taxi will be!

Thanks a lot for your help!

10. Re: From Beijing International Airport to The Emperor Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:18