We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Park

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Park

We are staying in Hong Kong for one week and i've been looking at Ocean Park. Has anybody been there? Do you think it is one of the 'must visit' places in a week itinerary?

Also, has anybody taken part in the dolphin encounter there? What was it like?

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Park

Penny

are you going with kids? and if yes - how old are they?

Ocean park is definitely an interesting place to go to if animals and nature are your thing. The panda exhibit will not be open until July 1st though - but there are other interesting exhibits like the jellyfish, the seals and arctic fox etc. with animal shows;

also there are more rides for the adults like the abyss etc (check out their website) and the cable car ride is breathtaking

if you have a good aquarium in Wales, you may find this nothing out of the ordinary and dunno about the dolphin encounter.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Park

Thanks for your reply.

No, we haven't got any children but we both like fairground rides. How many 'adult' rides are there?

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Park

Look under "Hong Kong Attractions" "Ocean Park". Review of dolphin encounter Nov 2005.

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Park

Log on to www.oceanpark.com.hk and have a look at their site to get an idea. I often leave my wife and kids for a couple of hours to have a ride on some of the livelier rides on my own as the kids are a bit young still

manila
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Park

hi!

the rides in ocean park are pretty interesting especially the abyss and mine train (i know, there are no loops but it's overlooking a body of water and it's quite fast, i actually got scared more with this ride than with the roller coaster with loops) :) and there are other interesting rides too (unfortunately we lost time to ride them). in terms of "adult" rides, ocean park is definitely better than the selection at disney.

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Park

disney is for younger kids and young at heart, ocean park would fare better for older kids, teens and adults

7. Re: Ocean Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 09:17