We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

any suggestions as to places to stay in Hong Kong and to visit. I will be there for 4-5 days in October.

thanks

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

Hi,

I found a brilliant deal on www.asiarooms.com,

we stayed in the ymca sailsbury in Kowloon. We had a lovely room overlooking hong kong harbour & you could have literally taken a postcard photo from our room!! it was comfortable, spacious & clean. Also very near the ferry terminal to get to hong kong which only took a a couple of minutes!

i really recommend going up Victoria peak on the tram, Its the steepest tram in the world, it was cool & great scenery from the top!!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

Another vote for YMCA Sailsbury at Tsim Sha Tsui, it is a good choice. Don't be misled by the name, it is not a YMCA hostel, but a 4-star hotel with good accessibility and relatively comfortable rooms at reasonable price.

The Peak is a must. Other suggestions: Ocean Park, Stanley Market, Temple Street night bazaar, Wetland Park for wild birds, Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront evening lazar show, Hollywood Road antiques, Lan Kwai Fong for happy hours, Star Ferry, Cheung Chau or Lamma or Sai Kung seafood, etc etc etc

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

Depends on your budget. As well as what has been suggested, consider going to the Museum of the history of Hong Kong. It will give you a great understanding of the background of the place, Have fun!

Chicago
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

i agree with flanneur about the museum of history. it's so elaborate that despite being from chicago which has some of the best museums in the world, hk museum of history is one of my favs. i'd recommend going there during the beginning of your trip so you'll have more of an appreciation and understanding for the rest of your visit.

5. Re: place to stay and visit in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 17:18