We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

When is Hotel Panorama's grand opening? I booked for the mid-end of October and am feeling uneasy as I was trying to find an official opening date for the hotel.

What happens if hotel isn't ready by the time I get to HK?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Hotel Panorama is a new hotel but I don't know what make you uneasy and it has been opened in early 2007, may be only soft opening. People usually like to stay in a new hotel no matter soft opening or grand opening.

What do you mean by "isn't ready"? Do you mean the enire hotel or your hotel room? No worries! Even if it is a soft opening, the hotel is ready or else it will not accept reservation. In fact Panorama is managed by Rhombus group, this group has another nice hotel in Central, Hong Kong. Just in case if the 0.05% chance of "not ready" happens, they can transfer you to the hotel under the same group.

If you worry about your room is not yet ready when you check-in., just left luggage at the hotel and enjoy a cup of coffee because there are a lot of cafes, restaurants or shops nearby. Just relax and enjoy your trip to Hong Kong.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

The hotel is not yet opened. Be prepared for an alternative hotel as the opening is keep delaying again and again.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Sorry, my apology to pamplemoose7. My previous information was wrong.

Tin is correct. The Hotel Panorama has not opened yet and they have defered their opening to first week of Oct 2007. In this case you can either wait until the first week of Oct or ask them if you can change your booking to the other hotel of the same group, i.e. LKF Hotel.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Hi, I booked this hotel for mid November and I suppose it will be open by then BUT I am curious to know...

Would any one of the experts know what they usually do if I get there and the room/hotel is not ready? Would they book me at the LKF at the same rate? Just wondering :) I realized that I should ask the reservations agent about this too but wanted to get your opinions as to what I will be entitled to if this happens. Thanks!

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

It is unlikely that they will give you a Hotel LKF room for the same rate, as Hotel LKF rooms are much larger than Hotel Panorama rooms. And that the number of rooms in Hotel LKF is much less than Hotel Panorama.

I think what they will do is subject to the terms of the contract with you - they may be not providing you a room at all. So, if I were you, I would book a second hotel with a policy that would not cost anything if cancel say not less than 24 hours prior to the checkin time.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Thank you Tin. I talked with the reservation agent today and all she could tell me was that the hotel would surely be open by November. I guess your suggestion sounds practical, I should start looking for another place to book.

pamplemoose7: please update us on your trip and how the hotel reservations turn out :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

Hotel Panorama was delayed in their completion due to some Fire Hazards/plans. They had to restructure their floor plans or something.

Anyways, if they took and confirmed your reservation, I don't see why you should worry. What I would do is to call and confirm and get them to reply in writing either by email or fax that they do indeed have your reservation and a room under your name 1 week before your departure/check in.

I think you need to be prepared for "grand opened" kinks.... always happen with hotels, amusement parks, restaurants... any service industry.. bound to have a disorganized period in the beginning. As long as you don't mind that..... then you should be fine

Just like the Venetian in Macau, guests had a tough time checking in.... and once checked in... they found their rooms weren't even cleaned or made up yet.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

anymore news . I am booked in for the 19th October for one week. They have assured me they will be open, but the on-line booking does not work until the second week of november?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

I think the Hotel Panorama looks ready for "soft" opening for sure. The mesh on the outside of the building is removed... looks beautiful outside.

The whole area surrounding the hotel is being cleaned up from the construction , to road signs, to parking....etc.

Let you know when I hear more.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Panorama: Grand Opening? When?

I contacted the reservations at the hotel and they assure me that they will be open when I am there starting Oct. 20th. They said that they are booked all of October. That's probably why reservations online right now are for Nov. I guess I will have to see when I get there. Fingers crossed.