We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

Malaysia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

Hi, I can't seems to make up my mind whether to book the YMCA International House or the Stanford Hotel, both at Mongkok/Yao Ma Tei for my 5 days 4 night trips to HK at the end of July this year.

Any advice?

Oh ya, by the way, anybody booked through agoda.com before? Their rates are very impressive, is it reliable?

Thank You.

malaysia
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

Have stayed at YMCA in Dec 07 for few days. Very good location, clean.

Booked through their website.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

So far the rate in agoda is the cheapest i can find. RM200+ for both hotels, other place at least RM400!

What about stanford? Anybody stayed in Stanford before? The room seems to look nicer than YMCA from the pictures.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

Hi, I have just booked the YMCA International house through hoteltravel.com and got a really good price . I haven't booked with them before, but they have some good reviews. I did check out agoda.com but don't know much about them either. hoteltravel gave me the best price.

Carol

Malaysia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

Really? how's the rate in hoteltravel.com? As for agoda, i checked the price for YMCA, it's about USD 80+ per night (July 2008 rates).

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

I am travelling at the end of may and paid US $76 per night.

Carol

Malaysia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

hey, you are right! hoteltravel.com's rates are cheaper! I checked for July's rate and it's USD 76 too! Thanks for telling me this website.

too bad i can't find the Stanford Hotel in hoteltravel.com.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

hi jyrh, I've tried to book Stanford Hotel through hoteltravel.com 3 months in advance but they can't confirm with the lowest price that they offer at their site and they counter offer with a room price which is 30usd higher.

Unless you can get the room confirm, or else look for other channels of booking or other hotel options.

Asia
Level Contributor
902 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

YMCA International House is a better choice in terms of room size, room quality and location. Hoteltravel.com and wotif.com have good rates for HK hotels, and I've used both sites to book my rooms. Wotif takes booking in HKD but there is a small admin fee.

KL
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

You can try to book through Sime Dary Travel's website, they're using gta. Go to www.simeholidays.com.my

Malaysia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: HK Accomodation - YMCA International House/Stanford Hotel

I'm back from my HK trip and I booked the YMCA International House!! The hotel is great.

If you would like to see the photos of the room, check out this link!

jy-s.com/2008/…