We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from airport to TST?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from airport to TST?

We are arriving in HK from England at 07.30 and need to get to our hotel in TST (Mody Rd). We will have been up for 18 hours and I guess we won't feel like sorting out transport when we arrive - is a taxi OK? any idea of approximate cost? or is there a better alternative?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

You can refer to this:

hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/transport.html

Taxi to TST is about HK$270.

Other options include the Airport Express train and bus.

2. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2008, 12:14
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

I recommend that only authorised and properly licensed transportation service providers be used.

Lucky Win Co. is not listed in the official airport web site as an authorised limo service provider.

Taxi is fine and they are metered. There are additional charges for luggage (HK$5/pc) and road tolls. However, arriving at 7:30AM, you may run into the typical morning rush hours.

I personally like to take the Airport Express train. The service is frequent and is not subject to traffic. Two travelling together receive a discount.

You will find all the details in the URL link in Glacierfed’s post.

HKG
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

The most direct way is taxi or bus (A21). However, as OP is probably not familiar with HK. Bus is probably not a good alternative.

Otherwise, take the Airport Express to the Kowloon Station. There is a bus to the hotels in TST. Otherwise OP can take a taxi from there to the hotel.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

take a taxi -- who wants to pay for shuttle then a tax or have to hoof it to the hotel from the shuttle station etc etc?

if there are 3 it is probably a wash -- and for two, the extra cost is worth is for the hassle free nature of the trip --

make sure you are put in the taxi by the official taxi dispatcher at the airport taxi stand -- no touts -- this person will give you information expected fare AND a card with the cab number in case you have any problems --

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,229 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

If you are willing to pay 5 to 10 pounds more, then I suggest a direct metered taxi as well. Taxis are comfortable, quick, efficient and relatively cheap by European standards. With rush hour in the morning, your journey time will like be about 35-45 minutes to your hotel and it should cost around $250 to $300.

The other option is the Airport Express. You can get a group ticket discount (see link below). After you arrive at Kowloon Station, there are free shuttle buses (either K3 or K4) that connect you to the hotels on Mody Road. The time it takes to the hotel is probably similar to a taxi. Whether it works out to be cheaper depends on the number of people in your party.

Group ticket discount:

mtr.com.hk/eng/…promotions_4persons.html

Complimentary shuttles to hotel:

mtr.com.hk/eng/…complom_free_bus.html

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

I think the A21 airport bus is one of the best options.

It's the cheapest (HK$33), reasonably fast (1 hour), frequent (every 10 minutes or so), comfortable (air conditioned and soft seats), direct (from airport to a stop next to Mody road) and has great views from the top deck of Tsing Ma Bridge and urban Kowloon.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,229 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

The only reason I did not recommend the bus is because traffic around that time of the day (unless you arrive on a weekend) could add quite a bit of extra time to your trip after an 18 hour flight. Also, you'd most likely have to drag your bags on Mody Road a bit after getting off the bus to look for your hotel, although even the furthest hotel on Mody Road (Nikko) is perhaps less than a 5 minute walk from the bus stop. Having said that, it is the cheapest option and worth considering.

china
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

people have the option to make their own booking.

Make yourself one more choice is not a bad thing.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way from airport to TST?

Thank you all very much - lots of options there. I think we'll see how we feel on arrival, but I'm inclining towards a taxi at the moment, feeling very tired with last minute sorting out.

Thanks also for the various costings (prior knowledge always helps), and for all the details - I love this site!!