We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan my itinerary.

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wayne,nj
Level Contributor
194 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan my itinerary.

Will be in HK for 2.5 days.

Land Friday 2:30 pm. - staying at JW Marriott(assume arrive at hotel 6 pm)

Leave Monday 10 am

So we have Friday eve/night.

Sat all day night

Sun all day night

things I would like to do so far.

Star Ferry ride across Victoria Harbour (between Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side and Central on Hong Kong Island )

The Peak - will make dinner reservations at the peak look out after ... what time?

Tram ride across Hong Kong Island (N360)?

Temple Street at Jordan (Night Market, Fortune tellers, Tin Hau Temple)

Lan Kwai Fong

**not sure about this one but (Observe the weekly Sunday "meeting" of immigrant workers in the Central District. )

What day should I do what? and at whats times? anything else I should do? Two couple late 20's ... looking to experience the most and get good pics of us with site in background... if it rains can days be switched?.... just hope someone can take the stress of me as to how to do this and when / what order.... (any other suggestions welcome) THANK YOU

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan my itinerary.

I think you could be in your hotel earlier - 4:30 or 5 pm.

Dinner at Peak - remember Peak lookout restaurant looks south, not towards to Victoria harbour view. Still an ok place to have dinner, but I'd go up there for the view, then head down to Soho for dinner - more choice, better value. Could be done Friday night if you have energy. Or you could go to Temple Street.

Lan Kwai Fong is very busy Friday and Saturday night. Less so Sunday.

The good pictures will depend on the smog.

If you are into temples and Chinese style sights, head up to Wong Tai Sin temple, then Diamond Hill for Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden, followed by Kowloon City Walled Park. They would probably take half a day.

Street markets around Wanchai and Soho are interesting - less touristy than Temple Street.

Big Buddha on Lantau or 10 000 Buddhas in Shatin are both possible.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan my itinerary.

The Peak - there is a light show at 8pm - you can watch from the top of the look out platform ($20 HKD to get up there) or from a restaurant in the tower. most restaurants do look south but Cafe Deco and Bubba Gump both have seats overlooking the harbour. you will need to book in advance and bubba gump won;t guarantee seats with a view, although if you get there around 7.15 ish seats at the bar with a view might be available

Agree with previous poster though - less choice and more expensive to eat up there - we usually take guests to Bubba gump for drinks and to see the light show to music and then to soho (elgin st and staunton st) for dinner.

you can also watch the light show from TST side on ave of stars for free with a good view.

You will be in your hotel around 5pm ish and going up to the peak is weather dependent if you want good pictures.

when you get to HK, at the airport, just outside immigration, before you enter the main hall, is a tourist desk, they do really good booklets with tourist walks in them called Walks in HK, or something obvious, we always recommend the walk in sheung wan for the first morning which ends in central and takes around 2 hours (more if you want to shop lots) ,and provides an interesting side of old hk, and the markets walk starts with the flower market in TST and walks through the ladies and temple street markets. really good little guide book and its free!

There are also markets in central, on queens road east, opposite H &M - 2 lanes called Yi Luen St East and West and good tourist markets in Stanley which is a must for a sunday afternoon - markets, beach and restaurants.

Tram ride is good for a few stops - perhaps after the sheung wan walk get the tram into another district - to admiralty (just a few stops)and go see HK Park - interesting on the weekends as a million weddings taking place in such a small place.

and the immigrant workers thing is interesting.On a Sunday (their only day off) all the domestic helpers (mainly from philippines) gather in central (after going to church) and sit on cardboard with their friends doing their nails, hair or playing games and chatting. Its a few minutes to see them - anywhere in central - best place perhaps is on the overpass from Peddar Street to the IFC - its sign posted to IFC once you cross over Des Voeux Rd, heading toward the harbour go up some steps.

You coud go see them sun morning and then get bus 6, 260, 6x to Stanley from bus depot, just below here. (you get the escaltor down from hsbc at ifc building).

Lots of info - i know! let me know if any needs clarifying

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan my itinerary.

And on weekend nights, you can go to Lan Kwai Fong to see the gathering of migrant workers from the UK, Australia, Canada, the US ...

4. Re: Help me plan my itinerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:21