We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

map of hong kong needed!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
map of hong kong needed!

Hi

Visiting hong Kong for 1st time in 16 weeks but only for 3 nights, trying to plan itinerary, but have no idea where places are, becoming confused now!

So please can someone recomend a good map that shows where the areas are and then a street map or similar so we can try to workout what tram, metro etc we may need.

In 3 days I hope to visit Central, Aberdeen, Stanley, Repulse Bay, Wanchai, Soho, Lan Kwai Fong, the Peak, Kowloon, Lantau to see Buddhau, Ladies Market, Temple Street Market, Causeway Bay.

Can I visit these places and what can be seen on the same day, not planning on sleeping much.

All advise greatly appreciated

Regards

Helen

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: map of hong kong needed!

I recommend the Citypack books; these guide books have a street map plus underground map.

Central, Wanchai, Lan Kwai Fong, Peak can definately been done on same day.

I'll be there in Feb, can't wait!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: map of hong kong needed!

maps.google.com

www.centamap.com for even more details like building name lookup, etc.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: map of hong kong needed!

start with discoverhongkong.com This official website is one of the best. I don't think it has a detailed street map but it does show where the attractions all are and even has some walking tours laid out for you. I did get a street map before I went to HK on line so do a search for honk kong map and it will turn up subway routes etc.

Why don't you plan on dividing your 3 days into HK island, Lantau and then Kowloon.

New York
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: map of hong kong needed!

Look at the links for maps on http://www.rstnL.com.

Also, for an actual paper map, I recommend that once you reach the airport in Hong Kong to pick up the free map that you will see in racks along the corridor as you leave the plane and head towards customs. This is a small foldup map and I think it is published by some company called "A-O-A" if I remember correctly. It is very useful.

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: map of hong kong needed!

i find the location maps found on the mtr website very useful for finding places in the vicinity of a train stop.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: map of hong kong needed!

If you go to 'www.discoverhongkong.com' there is a section labelled 'Brochures'.

You just enter your personal details and they will mail you a whole kit of Hong Kong facts - maps, tours, travellers guide, family fun etc. It is for free and great reading.

My set was sent to Australia and took around 4-5 weeks to arrive, I don't know if this timeframe is suitable for yourself.

Regards,

Denza

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: map of hong kong needed!

Fast and reliable, Google maps is an excellent planning tool. I use it myself even for Hong Kong.

Go to the MTR website. It has excellent information on train lines as well as detailed attractions and building names of the surrounding area of each station. The maps are located under the "Facilities" section.

www.mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html

For sample itineraries, do a search in the forum by typing "Itinerary" in the search box above.

8. Re: map of hong kong needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 16:49