We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to The Salisbury

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
576 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to The Salisbury

We plan to use the Airport Express to get to The Salisbury.

If we alight at Kowloon Station, we can use the free shuttle buses. I gather routes K2 and K3 pass The Salisbury and The Peninsula but are not scheduled to stop at either.

Can they be asked to stop at the Salisbury or Peninsula?

Alternatively, we could take the Airport Express to Hong Kong, then roll our luggage to Central and take the MTR to TST and walk underground very nearly to The Salisbury.

Is that perhaps easier than using the free shuttle buses?

We will be rolling two standard full-size carry-on bags and two small carry-ons and backpacking two camera cases. Is it reasonably easy to get luggage aboard and stow it on the shuttle buses? Is it easy to roll bags from Hong Kong to Central?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

K3 is the one more likely to stop - and it's at the discretion of the driver. Even if it doesn't, it will drop you very close to the hotel.

I wouldn't catch the train to Central and then transfer to MTR.

You might want to consider the A21 airport bus which won't involve any changes, and drops you 5 mins walk from the Salisbury. Plenty of room for bags and suitcases on that bus, plus a very good view of the city on the way in. On the train you are in tunnels some of the way and can't see much.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

The K3 is scheduled to stop for The Peninsula (and the Kowloon Hotel which are next to each other);

mtr.com.hk/engtxt/…complom_free_bus.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

Hi

I have used K3 before to go to Salisbury. I was apprehensive in using it, and I was going there alone. But my worries were unnecessary. Salisbury is diagonally across hotel kowloon. There is no way you could miss it. It is near, not far at all. And I went to the airport the same way, shuttle + airport express. The airport express + free shuttle is much easier than taking the MTR. You might have to walk a longer distance from the MTR station.

Very convenient, so don't be afraid to use the free shuttle.

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

To drumbrake:

Thanks for the suggestion of the A21 bus. Being able to see more while we ride is a good thing, and the price is vastly more agreeable than the Airport Express.

As I understand it, though, the A21 goes directly to Hung Hom KCRC Station. As nearly as I can gauge from the maps, that's almost 2 kilometers from The Salisbury. If so, that's a bit of a hike when dragging lots of luggage.

To SolentTraveller and Traveler_travel:

Thanks for the confirmation that the K3 is the right shuttle bus.

On the MTR site it is indeed scheduled to stop at The Peninsula. But on other sites explaining travel in Hong Kong the K3 bus is not scheduled to stop there. I have been unable to find whch schedules are the most accurate and up-to-date

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

Although the A21 bus terminates at Hung Hom it stops almost next to The Peninsula within about 3 minutes walk of The Salisbury. It's actually a good choice. These buses are comfortable, have plenty of luggage space (covered by CCTV which you can monitor from upstairs) and you get excellent views on the journey. The journey should take about 50/55 mins and the buses run approx every 10 mins. Stops are displayed on the bus and if you want to take this route the stop to get off at is "Middle Road, Nathan Road" which is the stop after "Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Nathan Road".

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

Thanks, SolentTraveller. Your update makes the A21 sound even better.

May I assume that, to return to the airport, we can board the A21 at the same stop we used to get to the Salisbury when we first arrived?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

The nearest bus stop for the return journey is a little further up Nathan Road, probably about an additional three to five minutes walk. You can check the full route and stops here;

https:/…

The stop is known as "Haiphong Road, Nathan Road" but you don't need to walk as far as Haiphong Road. The bus stop is on Nathan Road just past exit C2 of Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station.

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

Thank again, SolentTraveller. You have given us precise and useful information.

I've had a look at Google Maps, and everything looks quite as easy as you've described.

Unfortunately, the link to the schedule for the A21 didn't come through. If ever you have a moment to try it again, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,457 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

A21 bus link:

www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/routeinfo.aspx…

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to The Salisbury

Thanks, Sammyfloyd.

I note that he last A21 bus leaves the airport at 23:00.

Our flight is due to arrive at 19:55. May we reasonably expect to be able to collect our luggage, clear Customs and Immigration, buy Octopus cards, and make it to the A21 bus within three hours?