We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour

Any recommendations for a Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour? Is there a specific tour company recommended? Can you provided directions from the Conrad Hong Kong on how to get to where I need to be to take a Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour? Thank you.

TramOramic Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Smooth Ride Bike Tours Hong Kong
Night Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bike Tours
Myhktour
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Hong Kong Private Guide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,697 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour

You can take the number 70 bus to Aberdeen from Queensway (the bus stops under the United Centre almost next to Admiralty MTR Station). It's only about 5 mins walk from the Conrad and buses run at 10/15 minute intervals. It takes about 2O mins to Aberdeen and you should get off on the promenade by the harbourside (it'll be pretty obvious when you get there).

The chances are that before you've even reached the harbourside you'll have been accosted by any one of a small army of old ladies who hang around on the footbridges and by the side of the water offering sampan rides. They all take much the same route through the harbour round the houseboats and the floating restaurant. Most of them seem fairly proud of their sampans and decorate them with flowers and carpets. You can "bargain" a price which will depend on how many of you there are and how long you want the ride to last. Last time I went on the sampan ride round the harbour was four years ago and I think we were charge HK$50 for 30 minutes.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour

Great information, and I apprecitate the detail, thank you so much. Very helpful information, thanks.

3. Re: Sampan thru Aberdeen Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 08:16