We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

manila
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

Hello, can anyone share their experiences with asiatravel? It is my first time to book a hotel online (Silvermine Beach Hotel, Hong Kong), so I need a trustworthy one. Is the price on their web the exact amount I pay, no hidden surprise charges? Please help! thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Silvermine Beach Resort
Silvermine Beach Resort
444 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hotel ICON
Hotel ICON
#3 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
#5 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
#8 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
793 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

asiatravel is a sSingapore based company. I have made many bookings through them and have been happy with their service. Most rates are inclusive of tax and hotel service charge. You would know at the time of booking whether the price is inclusive of these and even breakfast when you go through the booking process to get the price. It is stated very clearly.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

Why not just book direct with hotel?

http://www.resort.com.hk/

If the agent price is cheaper, tell the hotel and see if they will match that price.

manila
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

Oh how I wish Silvermine Hotel will do that, match the price of Asiatravel, because on their site, a room costs HKD 1000+! It is double the price of other online agents.

Mentioned in this post
Silvermine Beach Resort
Silvermine Beach Resort
444 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

I've been using asiatravel for a year now for all my travels in ASia and I am very happy with them. They reply very quicly whether it is a reservation or an ammendment to a previous booking. Asiatravel is very reliable.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
5. Re: Is Asiatravel a reliable online booking agent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 09:19