We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

Hi,

I am traveling from Guangzhou to Hong Kong on the train. What options do I have for getting from the train station to one of the Disneyland hotels? Is a taxi best or are there shuttle buses?

Thank you!

Emily

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

Hehe. Take another train, the MTR.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

MTR would involve a couple or so changes. You could catch A21 airport bus and then change after the Tsing Ma Bridge for Disney. Best I suppose is taxi at around HK$250.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

Thank you for your responses!

What is the name of the station that the train arrives at? I have an MTR map and I'm trying to figure out what station I will be closest to.

Thanks again!

Emily

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

You will arrive at Hung Hom Station.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

Scrap the MTR, you will need to switch lines 5 times.

The A21 sounds a good idea if you are on a tight budget. It will give you a free tour of kowloon.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

If you are in fact on a budget the bus journey is actually considerably more expensive than the MTR journey. The MTR journey is HK$21 or HK$19.1 if you use Octopus Card. The bus journey is HK$33 for the A21 plus HK$7 for the R8 connection to Disneyland at the Lantau Link Toll Plaza or if you use Octopus Card the R8 connection is free.

Time-wise I think the MTR journey at 50 mins including connections would probably be quicker than the bus bearing in mind possible waiting times for the A21 at Hung Hom Station and the R8 connection at the Lantau Link Toll Plaza.

If you take the MTR East Rail from Hung Hom you need to change at Kowloon Tong, Prince Edward, Lai King and Sunny Bay. The connections are all easy to make except at Kowloon Tong where the connection involves transferring between two separate stations (the old KCR station which is now MTR East Rail and the MTR Kwun Tong Line)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

If you have luggage, the all-MTR way would be quite inconvenient, considering you'll have to switch trains several times, not to mention the usually crowded condition.

Besides this and the bus, you can also take a taxi from Hung Hom Station to Kowloon Station (probably around $30-40), then take the Tung Chung Line to Sunny Bay, and switch to the Disney train. It will be quicker and involves fewer transfers.

If you are coming in the later half of the year, keep an eye out for the opening of the Kowloon Southern Link. This line connects the East and West Rail Lines from East Tsimshatsui to Nam Cheong. When it's open, you will be able to take a train from Hung Hom to Nam Cheong, then switch to Tung Chung Line.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

There are some buses operating at the border to go directly to disneyland. See this from the gov't website:

td.gov.hk/transport_in_hong_kong/…1

So if you haven't bought the train ticket you may opt to just go to the border and then take these buses to save some time and hassle.

9. Re: Best way from Train Station to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:18