We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

I will be booking a week at the MCB and noticed they advertise a daily drinks buffet. Has anyone any knowledge of this, been there? Sounds almost too good to be true.

Thanks for any information.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Dinna seem to be any catches. You go to the executive lounge where they press drinks on you. Large ones. With nibbles too. I asked for brandy which they didn't have so they sent down and got cognac. I think this was a mistake. But I drank it anyway. One group treated this session as a chance to feed dinner to their rather large family, but that's the only glitch I remember.

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Thanks GS, but I didn't mean the executive suite happy hour. There is another one on their website which is called the Drinks Buffet and there is a charge. It is held in Vic's Bar.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Ah, sorry can't help you then. We actually never went into the bar as we used the executive lounge. It was just nice to get away from the kid for a bit, and they did rather press the drinks on you. In fact we got some vouchers for drinks in Vic's which we never used.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Not sure if it is what you are referring to but we went to happy hour which means that there are 2 drinks for the price of one but it went on for more than 1 hour and we lost track of where we were up to! Can add up but it is fun.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Hi cqw1,yes, you read correctly, for HKD118.80 nett,from 6-8.30pm,on daily basis,at Vic's Pub, you have unlimited drinks buffet on their Whisky, Brandy, Gin, Vodka, Rum, House Wine, Beer, Cocktails and Soft Drinks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

Thank you all for your responses. Will try and then let you know when I return (if I can remember after trying a drinks buffet).

7. Re: Drinks buffet at Metropark CB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 08:22