We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Hi all

I have just returned from a great trip to HK. I want to thank all the experts for all the advice & info that have helped to make this an enjoyable trip.

Managed to visit a lot of places as the weather was good throughout my stay. Had a great time in Disneyland - enjoyed the shows and fireworks very much. Went for the Ping Shan and Lung Yeuk Tau heritage trails for a different view of HK. I was also impressed with the serenity of Nan Lian Garden and the Chi Lin Nunnery, both of which are located in the middle of bustling HK!!! Also visited Tai O Fishing village to have a look of rural life in HK. Also walked the Avenue of Stars and enjoyed watching the award winning Symphony of Lights.

Enjoyed the tram ride up the Peak and the bus rides down from the Peak as well as the scenic bus rides to Stanley market. In my opinion, the goods sold in Stanley market are better than Temple Street night market and Ladies Market.

I travelled on almost all the different mode of transport in HK from airport shuttle, MTR, light rail, buses and Star ferry from HK island to Kowloon.

Last but not least also had a great food adventure trying out all the good and tasty HK food - dim sum, roast goose, street food, tau foo fa, noodles & porridge, etc etc.

I have just booked air tickets on Air Asia 0 fare promo for my next year trip to HK.........I will be BACK :)

Philadelphia , PA
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Happy to hear you had a wonderful time.

Now you'll be able to add your thoughts on HK to the other fine forum regulars' voices.

Have a great weekend!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

hi lwk-my,...

can you pleeeaaasee share your great food adventure.. specially the dim sum and the street food..?

will be in HK in 2 weeks - travelling with friends, quite a big group of 12 people, we've been hunting high and low for inputs on affordable but tasty dim sum..

thanks!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

yes please provide dim sum experiences... ill be there in 2 weeks exactly with a group of 4 people.. cant wait!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

hi reeya/tripinchak

For ideas on where to have dim sum, you can read the sticky thread at the top of this forum "Hong Kong's best areas for dining"

I went to Lin Heung Teahouse in Wellington Street, Central for dim sum and also another restaurant in Citygate Outlet Mall. Basically in HK, dim sum is served in a lot of places. Other places you can try are :

Loong Yuen Cantonese Rest - Basement 1, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, 50 Nathan Road, TST

Chuk Yuen Seafood Rest - Kimberley House, 35 Kimberley Road, TST

Ho Choi Seafood Restaurant (好彩海鮮酒家) - 287-291 Des Voeux Road Central

Have a good holiday in HK :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
783 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Hi, Iwy,

I am planning my trip to HK with my familly. Did you stay in Disneyland Hotel? If yes , I will need some help from you?

Thanks,

KS

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Hi kswong

No I didn't stay in any of the Disneyland hotels. I made the trip to Disneyland from Kowloon as the MTR was very convenient and efficient. I went in the morning arriving at the park around 10.30am and stayed till the firework display was over.

Miri, Malaysia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Hi LWK,

Which hotel did you stay in Hongkong? How was the hotel?

TQ

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
783 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

lwk-my,

So did you managed to cover all the rides and show within 1 day visit in the park?

Like to hear from you.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
783 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

lwk-my,

Understand you stayed at Novotel Nathan Road,could you advise on:

1. How's the room size, I understand HK hotel room is not big, but will it be extremely small?

2. How's the location? walking distance to MTR? How far is it from hotel to Avenue of Lights?

3. How is the cleanliness of the hotel?

4. Final and most important :), what is the room rate you get?

Hope you could advise, thanks,

KS

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Had a great trip to HK, thanks for all the advice

Hi, Lwk-my,

Glad to hear that you had a great time. I will be going to HK & Macau in August (5 pax). Can you give advice on hotel stay. Are the hotel in North Point OK.

Thanks.