We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

dorset
Level Contributor
179 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

I would like to visit for this occasion. Is it best to book through a company in the UK for a complete package or is there a better way of doing the trip. I would like to do some sightseeing also.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

Sightseeing in Hong Kong is really easy. But aren't the rugby sevens tickets only available in packages with airfares?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

I think the only way you'll be able to get tickets for the Sevens would be through a package. There are only 5000 public tickets available which, for this years Sevens were available only online or by telephone and these sold out within two hours of going on sale in January. For 2010 the public sale is online only and is I think only for HK residents. The remaining 35,000 tickets go to local rugby clubs (15,000), overseas tour/travel agents (5,000), sponsors, overseas unions, corporate box and permanent suite holders, the IRB and overseas players taking part in ancillary events surrounding the Sevens. Tickets do get advertised on eBay and on other websites but usually at inflated prices.

dorset
Level Contributor
179 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

It sounds as if the package is my only option then. Thanks

4. Re: Hong Kong rugby sevens 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 13:17