We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

I understand a new Crowne Plaza Hotel is opening 1st November at 8 Leighton Street, Causeway Bay.

Not sure whereabout that is except it is near to Times Square. Is it a good location? I am travelling with 2 young kids with a stroller so not really keen on staying at a hotel that stepped out into a busy road.

I have a booking at Intercon at Salisbury. Would that be a better choice in terms of less road traffic congestion?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Salibuary Road is a much wider road and more traffic than Leighton Road. Normally, people cross Salibury Road by a underpass. There is a traffic light controled pedestrain crossing on Leighton Road.

Both locations are ok and are a few minutes walk to MTR stations. I think either hotel don't have much advantage in terms of less road traffic. But Crowne Plaza and Intercon on Salibuary are of two complete different classes.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,334 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Intercontinental is one of the top hotels of Hong Kong. Crowne Plaza, however new, can't possibly compare on service level. Leighton Road itself is not frantically busy like Nathan Road, particularly the side that Crowne Plaza is on.

Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Thanks to Tin and Sammyfloyd for your reply.

Have never stayed over at HK island side before so was contemplating.

I think will stick to Intercon. Have stayed at Rennaisance Kowloon before and enjoyed the slow stroll along Star Avenue at night.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

With young kids, I would suggest the hotels in Pacific Place - Island Shangri-la, Conrad, or J.W. Marriott, the adjacent Hong Kong Park would be a good place for them.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

In terms of location to MRT and location to shops, which is better, Express by Holiday Inn Causeway Bay or the new Crowne Plaza in Causeway Bay?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Express by Holiday Inn Causeway Bay is closer to MTR station and shops, but not much - they are less than 100 metres apart.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,334 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

Express by Holiday Inn is literally less than 30 seconds from the doors of Times Square. Crowne Plaza is about 2 minutes away so the difference is not great. In other parts of the world, Crowne Plaza is usually the higher-end hotel compared to Express HI.

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

apples and lemons

express offers a no frills accomodation

crowne is a hotel with the normal perks

9. Re: Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 05:19