We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

We are 3 adults, one elderly that can not walk long distances, arriving into HKA at 11.10 on Thurs 15 April.

What would be our best option to get to our hotel? Taxi would be easier but how much would we pay or can we manage the train or bus systems?

Recommendations please.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

STOP PRESS

Sorry arriving at 7.30pm on Saturday 10 April going home on the 15th.

Will it be dark at 7.30pm?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Taxi costs around HK$230. Takes around 35 minutes. Cheapest is A21 airport bus at HK$33 each. Will have to walk a few minutes though. Takes around 60 minutes.

For train see mtr.com.hk/eng/…intro_index.html

Will be dark at 730pm. But HK is brightly lit.

Edited: 03 February 2010, 11:04
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,402 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Which hotel are you staying at? A21 actually stops at Nathan Road near the west end of Cameron Road and also Chatham Road South near the east end of Cameron Road. As long as you pick the correct bus stop, your hotel should be no more than 3 minutes from your bus stop. The only issue is on a Saturday night, Cameron Road has lots of people traffic so just be patient with your luggage in the streets.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

We are at Hotel Benito, 7 Cameron Road so I suppose we get off at Nathan Road?

Get into HKA at 7.30pm so don't know when we will arrive at Cameron Road.

London, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

There's also the airport express - you can take that to Kowloon station then get a taxi, but it's not worth it because the train costs around hkd90 each and there's 3 of you.

Taxi is the best bet, I think. Factoring in traffic, you probably will be there within an hour.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Obviously taxi would be best but if cost is an issue the bus is great. Get on, it takes you to Cameron Rd and it's not a long rd anyway (and flat).

I got the train first time as I thought it would be quicker but by the time you get off, transfer to the free hotel bus it doesn't save much time and it's triple the price of the bus.

It's only $33pp for the bus (so $99) as opposed to $230 for the taxi.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Thanks everyone. The A21 bus sounds like a good idea. Are there any maps to show me where to get the bus at the airport and which stop to get off near 7 Cameron Road?

I presume they put the luggage under the bus or do you have to carry it onto the bus where you sit?

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,402 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

You have to take your bags onto the bus but the floor is quite low. There are dedicated luggage racks within the bus so you don't have to hang onto your bags during the ride.

You should indeed, get off at the stop near Cameron Road and Nathan Road. Hotel Benito is just a block away.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Thanks got the bus sorted now.

I notice that they offer a seniors price. Can tourists over 60 get that price and if so do they buy a special Octopus card that recognises them as a senior?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,402 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

Yes, visitors can buy a senior Octopus card. Obviously, the user has to look like a senior when swiping the card. The card makes a noticeably different sound when it's swiped. At an MTR turnstile, the gate's indicator also lights up so the staff is alerted to the usage of such concession fare so they can check the user should they deem necessary.