We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor in Hong Kong

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tailor in Hong Kong

Hi Everyone

We are going to HK in July to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and as a special treat I would like to have a custom made suit and shirts made. Does anyone have any recommedations for a decent tailor.

Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor in Hong Kong

a few years ago I had a suit and some shirts made at Raja Fashions in Kowloon. He is not cheap but if you pay only $50 for a suit, you get a only a $50 suit.

Some people may recommend that you visit Sams - in my opinion, dont !

Edited: 14 March 2010, 09:23
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor in Hong Kong

You don't need to go to HK to get a suit made by Raja Fashions. They regularly tour the UK and are in Glasgow in April;

Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor in Hong Kong

Tailoring is a perennial, and if you care to search this site there are dozens of recommendations. However the people who recommend, don't necessarily know a great deal about tailoring . If you just want to el cheapo suits that will last for a year then go anywhere. Most Hong Kong tailors are adept at making suits for Westerners. These suits will look like hopsacks after about a year to 18 months. What I suggest you do is go to the Hong Kong tourism board website, DiscoverHongKong.com, and look at their recommendations, or alternatively go to a good guidebook and look at their recommendations. These will not be cheap necessarily but will at least last.

I must phoyocopy this reply and make itavailable at HKIA :-)

4. Re: Tailor in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 06:16