We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

Hi all, I am planning to do half a day visiting the following attractions:

1) Chi Lin Nunnery (MTR-Diamond Hill )

2) Wang Tai Sin (MTR-Wong Tai Sin)

3) Kowloon Walled City Park (MTR-Lok Fu)

4) Tsang Tai Uk & Che Kung Temple (MTR - Che Kung Temple)

From what I understand of the subway map, the MTR stations for attractions 1 to 3 are all just right next to each other. I am wondering if it will be possible for us to just walk all the way, instead of hopping on the train and getting off and back on the train repeatedly.

I am from a tiny country called Singapore so I am not really sure about the distance in between MTR stations in Hong Kong. :)

Could someone advise me the best route or sequences to cover all the lsited attractions as well?

Thank you very much in advance!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

There is a HKTB suggested walk starting at Diamond Hill and finishing at Kowloon Walled City Park taking in Chi Lin Nunnery (connected to Nan Lian Garden) and Wong Tai Sin along the way;

discoverhongkong.com/eng/things-to-do/images…

Tsang Tai Uk and Che Kung Temple are some distance away near Shatin on the other side of the Kowloon hills and you won't be able to walk there. From Lok Fu MTR take MTR to Kowloon Tong and take East Rail to Tai Wai then change to Ma On Shan Line for Che Kung Temple.

Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

Thank you very much SolentTraveller!!! it is very useful!!!!!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

Though the 3 attractions are next to each other but it will be quite a distance to walk. I have done the first 3 attractions in half a day but all the while travelling on the MTR

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,381 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

The places you listed would take a full day. It's not really possible to see them in 1/2 day.

Chi Lin Nunnery has an excellent vegetarian restaurant worth trying.

5. Re: Wang Tai Sin,Chi Lin Nunnery, Kowloon Walled City Park Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:17