We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hongkong fun for young couple

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Hongkong fun for young couple

Dear Travellers,

We a young couple from UK planning our first asian trip. We are highly confused between Phuket vs HK+Macau. We are on limited budget so can plan only one destination. So request your feedback on the following questions:

1) Which one is a better choice phuket vs hk+macau

2) any hotels in HK which allows topless sunbathing, i read that topless sunbathing is frowned upon on public beaches. So any recommendations of hotels which allows the same.

3) how is the nightlife in HK, are there places to enjoy clubs, shows etc? any recommendations for adult entertainment for a couple?

4) any recommendations on excursions or places to visit?

Regards,

Ed

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Looking at your interests, I think you would do better in Phuket.

Chinese people are very modest and I dont think topless sunbathing would be tolerated in any public areas or hotel pools.

For 'adult entertainment' I am sure that these exist in Wan Chai or Mong Kok, but Mrs B certainly would not allow me to frequent any of them, even if I wished to do so

Edited: 09 July 2010, 06:51
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Depends on when you are travelling, Hong Kong is not noted for its beaches, and in the winter it's probably a little cold for swimming. Plus -- I'm not sure how good sunbathing would be if the pollution is at a reasonably high level. I doubt if any hotel in Hong Kong allows topless sunbathing, at least for women :-).

Hong Kong is a large world city and has a plethora of pubs, clubs/ nightclubs - entertainment ad nauseam.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you want topless sunbathing and "adult" entertainment, you're probably better off going to Thailand.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Thanks Steve, hmmm so i should explore Phuket.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Thanks Guirella, so after 2 replies seems Phuket is the best place to go.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

You may want to look at staying in Bangkok

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Dear Steve,

Why Bangkok? anything special about Bangkok?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Bangkok is the main gateway to Thailand. You will find more nightlife there of the kind you would appear to be looking for in the Patpong district. You could also have a few days at the beach -for example Pattaya or Phuket.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,504 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

It seems that you love the beach. I would choose Phuket because of that. People from HK and Macau even go to Phuket if they want a beach destination while people in Thailand don't go to HK and Macau for their beaches.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

thanks drum brake

s0k
Toronto GTA
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hongkong fun for young couple

Phuket is nice but would actually recommend one of the smaller neighbouring islands; koh samui. since the tsunami phuket has become more commercial and less desirable...in my opinion. if adult entertainment is what u seek, koh sumai has much to offer. in addition, travelling to smaller satelite islands like phi phi island is cheap and easy and worth the effort for breathtaking diving.

HK as brothels and like other person said, is more reserved generally as a nation.

bonne route