We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

I have narrowed down to 3 hotels, Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis and Prudential for my Dec trip to HK. Please advise!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

From your list, I would choose the Royal Plaza Hotel, as it is a five star hotel.

Have a good trip!

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Tks for the advise. How abt between Royal Plaza and MetroPark Causeway Bay, which is a better choice?

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

That one is hard to say, as both gets quite positive reviews on here. If you're after space, I'd probably choose Royal Plaza, but, then again, it depends on what room type you'll be getting at the Metropark Causeway Bay, as the Parlour rooms always gets favourable mentions on here.

Definitely take a look at the reviews to see which you'd prefer, and also, your preference on staying on HK Island or Kowloon. I'm extremely bias and prefer HK Island, so, would pick the Metropark for that reason. However, the Royal Plaza, as mentioned is a five star hotel, while the Metropark is not.

Just take note that Metropark Causeway Bay is actually close to Tin Hau MTR station, rather than Causeway Bay, but, that should be no issue at all, as the MTR will get you there in no time!

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Berri
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Can't talk about the others but we stayed in the Royal Plaza at the beginning of the year for 7 nights. We got a bargain on the Executive Club floor, for us and our 2 young children. The staff were wonderful and we enjoyed the location. Let me know if you have any other questions

Helena

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

We are going to HK early November for our third trip and decided to stay on the HK Island this time around. We chose the Metropark Causeway Bay as the reviews are good. More importantly, as we are staying in the Parlour Room it will be nice and spacious and we will have a view of the Harbour. There is also a roof top pool with nice views and I expect the club lounge does too (you get this access with the Parlour Room). Some websites will give you a special rate if staying for at least three nights.

We are also staying at a newish hotel in Aberdeen called L'Hotel Island South, it sounds really nice and is a four star. It is close to Ocean Park and Jumbo but further away from the city.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Just to add to my above post - We stayed at the Harbour Plaza Metropolis for five nights in a corner harbour view room. It was very nice and even though it is rated as a four star, we thought the standard was very high. The rooms are on the smaller side but we did not feel cramped as it is well laid out. We enjoyed our stay and upgraded to the club lounge for a night. It was one of the best lounges we have used. It had a huge balcony on a very high floor and the views were absolutely fantastic. The staff are also great.

The only problem was its location, it is in a quieter area of Kowloon and we seemed to spend much of our time travelling underground or walking long distances.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Metropark Causeway bay - (4 stars) close to MTR (Tin Hau) although it's not exactly in Causeway bay but Tin Hau (a residential area). Close enough for Causeway bay nonetheless where there are some fabulous malls / Department stores (Times Square, Lee Theater Mall, GOD, Sogo... etc) Harbour View rooms available. Rooms are kind of small except for the much talked about palour room. Nice rooftop pool.

Royal Plaza - (5 stars) close to MTR (Mongkok East) although it's on the line that is not very useful unless you're going to China or the New Territories. Mongkok MTR station (much more convenience if you are going to TST / HK Island) is about 10 mins away on foot. It is afterall located in Mongkok where you could find different Markets (Ladies Markets, Flower Markets... etc) and cheap buy (Fa Yuen Street for sport shoes, Sai Yeung Choi Street for electronics... etc) close by. Oh, it's attached with a shopping mall as well. Huge rooms in HK standard, very nice gym and even better out door pool.

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

Tks to all for the advise. Have made a decision to stay at MetroPark Causeway Bay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

My husband and are are looking at going to the Royal Plaza in May. We can't decide on whether to book yhe Club room so we can use the club lounge. Is it worth the extra cost? Would really appreciate some details as all i get from there page is nibbles ( is this just nuts?) cocktail drink is it just one drink?

any info you could give me i would be very grateful

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Plaza, Harbour Plaza Metropolis or Prudential?

It is worth IF you only stay for their 'meals'. It's one of the greatest variety I've seen for 'afternoon tea' and 'cocktail'. The food there are enough to be treated as lunch or dinner. But then, who would actually need those if you are traveling to Hong Kong? There are much more to do and much more choices of food than staying in for their afternoon tea or cocktail...