We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria park pool?

midlands england
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
victoria park pool?

Hi all! Have used your help for many trips and hope someone can help with this one! We (couple 51 and 53) are visiting Hong Kong for the 1st time end Oct for 13 nights. We are pretty sure of our accomodation but the only thing stopping me from booking is it has no pool. However it is near to Victoria Park and I wondered what the pool there is like - is there room to sunbathe? How big is it? Is it heated? Does it get very busy? We are not coming to Hong Kong to sunbathe all day but sometimes if you`ve had a busy day it`s nice to chill by a pool for a couple of hours -(think the weather should be okay?) and am wondering if this might be the solution. Most of the hotels with pools are out of our price range. Thanks for any help!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria park pool?

it is closed now and will be renovated until mar/ apr.

it should be opened in Oct

www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/vp/en/swimming.php

i think it is always packed in the weekends for weekdays, it is fine

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: victoria park pool?

Remember to go according to the session times.

midlands england
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: victoria park pool?

Thanks for the replies Wanson and Tin - good link Wanson, pity it doesn`t show the main pool though! How do the sessions work? Is there an area around the pools that you`re allowed into for the session? Was hoping it would be more like a lido where you can laze around and go for a dip as and when but it doesn`t look like it to me. Will have to maybe search a bit harder for a hotel with pool in my price range - £100/night max - any ideas? Thanks again, Stinkie

Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: victoria park pool?

Some of the other public pools might be worth considering, depending on where you'll be. Morrison Hill Pool in Wan Chai is not far from Causeway Bay and Victoria Park. It's reasonably spacious. There are three pools: two indoors, for lap swimming, and one outdoors. It can be quite busy, but for HK$19 entry, it's not exactly a financial gamble. The pool session times (this is true for all of them) follow a schedule that can be found on the HK Leisure Services government website:

www.lcsd.gov.hk/beach/en/swim-address-hk.php

5. Re: victoria park pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 07:18