We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels - luxury for less!

Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels - luxury for less!

Hi

I have booked a holiday in Hong Kong in April for a 4 night stay (Mon to Fri). For such short city breaks we usually try to treat ourselves to a top end hotel but from my initial look at Hong Kong hotel prices i can see this may not be possible!

Does anyone have any advice on where or how to get top hotels for less? Has anyone had any success getting deals out of contacting hotels directly? If not possible then what are the best hotels in next tier for around £150/night.

We are a single couple 30yo.

Many thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

We stayed and the Langham Place in Mongkok a few years ago and will return in a few weeks. It was very nice (new at that point) and we LOVED the location - right in the heart of Mongkok. Especially if you're young and don't mind crowds etc you can jump right on the subway and get anywhere. We rented a suite for 3 weeks but I would check it out. Contact hotel directly for multi-night rates or special offers. email contact easy and fast.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
90 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

Langham place without a doubt, for all the reason posted by the previous contributer. I go back in February for a 3 night stay just after the China new year. Got a great deal through Tr£velr%publ$c )))

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

look at tthe 4 nt pkg from LuxuryLink.com

We are heading to HKG today---staying first at Langham, then Lang Place

4 nts each

I have been bbuyiing from them for 6+ yrs. you can buy auction or set dates (for a bit mroe)

inclusdes Club privs and dinner and massage--can't miss ont he price.

4. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 23:35
Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

Thanks for the posts. The langham place does look like a great option especially as it is on top of transport links.

What is the luxury link offer - i dont believe it is available anymore from looking at their website.

It is quite expensive and stretching my budget at £170/night but they do offer a best rate guarantee of 25% discount which maybe worth pursuing for a cheaper rate.

Thanks

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

lux link is currently off th3e table but will preob show up later date.

it was suite club privs dinner half day massage special bfasts and taxes fof 4nts--approx $900 US w/coupon code (look online--new customer)

hope it works for you

MTR is right here and the local area markets etc are great!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

i booked 4 nights at Langham Place and went for a Prime place room with club access - a bit extravagent for us but thought what the heck!! Im so excited about visiting Hong Kong i dont think i can contain it any longer!!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

Barrry--ask for Vincent Nicot (mgr) when you arrive at the Club--or Jackel. They are all superior @ customer service but I really liked these two personally.

Don't hesitate to ask about sparkling wine when you get there, if it isn't out on the bar.

Maybe you'll get an upgrade (BTW--we had upgrade to special spa room 4001--I don't recommend it--it's a bit weird for layout and logistics. The corner Primes are great, tho. (it was strange spa bath but the bed is futon and room is small)

take advice from TA HKG about getting room provisions on Canton Rd--Harbour City Mall is $$$. Save some buck and use the Club often!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

Barrry--ask for Vincent Nicot (mgr) when you arrive at the Club--or Jackel. They are all superior @ customer service but I really liked these two personally.

Don't hesitate to ask about sparkling wine when you get there, if it isn't out on the bar.

Maybe you'll get an upgrade (BTW--we had upgrade to special spa room 4001--I don't recommend it--it's a bit weird for layout and logistics. The corner Primes are great, tho. (it was strange spa bath but the bed is futon and room is small)

take advice from TA HKG about getting room provisions on Canton Rd--Harbour City Mall is $$$. Save some buck and use the Club often!

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels - luxury for less!

Langham, then Lang place, whats the difference.Two separate hotels or one? Post no 3. Not sure? Cheers