We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

Hi - has anyone stayed here in last 2 momths? Mountain view or Harbour Traders rooms - any good? Any feedback?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

check out review on this site of Traders Hotel

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

I stayed there appro 6 years ago and am thinking of staying there in May again. IMHO it is a good hotel. I do know my way around roughly in H.K. and dont find the location any problem at all. I tend to use the hotel shuttle.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

Stayed there last year. Location near macau ferry but not near tourist spots or MTR.

Easy to get to by airport bus.

Rooms small and not luxurious.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

'...Stayed there last year. Location near macau ferry but not near tourist spots or MTR...'

This doesn't make sense... the Sheung Wan MTR station is right beneath the Macau Ferry terminus... How can it be 'near macau ferry but not near MTR'??

Truth to be told, it's a good 20 minutes walk to the MTR station. There are buses / street trams in front of the hotel though. Taxi is also cheap and fast to Central.

Yes, the rooms are indeed quite small. I've the honor to be upgraded to their suite once (when they are still 'hotel Jen', that's about a year ago). The suites are much better but too bad I don't know the exact price different. I'd definitely choose that if it's less than HK$1000 different a night

But that's not your question, right? Choosing between the Harbour View room and the Mountain room... Depends on the price difference. I'd go for the harbour view room if it's not more expensive than HK$200 a night.

Bury st Edmunds
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

I stayed there six weeks ago, and found it great. Excellent harbour views, wonderful staff and breakfasts to die for. Loved the location too.Away from tourist areas, but tube and ferries easily accessible via hotel bus or the amazing ancient trams. A much more traditional chinese area than other parts of hong kong. Eating out ,there, very cheap.

Richard

6. Re: Shangri-La Traders Hotel Hong KOng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2012, 05:16