We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

Chiangmai Thailand
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

Hello,

I am staying at the Metro Park Hotel in Kowloon, Waterloo Rd, Please tell me how to get to the Ngon Ping Cable car station?

Then when I get down from the Big Buddha, is there anywhere else I should visit near by?

Thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,614 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

MTR Tsuen Wan Line to Lai King station, transfer to Tung Chung line to Tung Chung station.

There is an MTR journey planner at its page for your convenience.

mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html

Po Lin Monastery and Big Buddha are very close so be sure to visit both. You may opt to take the bus to Tai O. Citygate also has an outlet mall if that's the sort of shopping you like.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

Take the optional tour to tai-o and sample the foods--seriously good imo.

3. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 22:05
london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

The food must be good - seems like Skeggles sampled it twice !

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

Apologies - i'll remove the second post - blaming the i-phone. But i did like the shellfish...cheap (low quality) pearls as well for gifts.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

i'll be staying in kowloon. if i want to visit po lin monastery, citygate and tai-o, what route would you recommend and what are my transport options? thanks!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,588 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

Exactly the same route as was recommended to the OP.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
414 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

We did this last year.....my suggestion would be to take the Ngong Ping cable car one way. You must see the scenery as it is really amazing. Then from Big Buddha, take the bus to Tai O Village. There is a bus terminal just at Ngong Ping Village which you have to walk pass anyway to go to the cable car station. When you are done with Tai O, just take the bus back to Tung Chung. But the bus ride might be long as the locals in Lantau also get on and it has many stops.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

thanks! that's the route i was thinking of too. does anyone know what time the citygate shops typically close?

10. Re: From kowloon to Ngon Ping Cable car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2012, 10:54