We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hong kong airpot lounges.

sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hong kong airpot lounges.

Are all these lounges the same or is one better than another. Do any of the have someone you can actually lie down or just comfy chairs? Also are they fairly quiet or packed to the brim and noisy. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

@sarahSydney, which airline,and class of travel you are traveling?

sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

Cathy pacific, economy class. Thank you

ed8
San Diego...
Level Contributor
188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

Hi Sarah,

I know your question is comparing airport lounges but are you planning to visit one or just inquiring? I'm pretty sure entry into any lounges require that you are a high class cardholder of a particular airline/credit card, a first or business class ticket holder, paying for a one time use of the lounge or just know someone who can gain you entry. I usually fly economy for the savings but did use the AA lounge "once". The best thing is if you have a long layover and you want to shower and rest. However It can be pretty noisy sometimes. The free drinks and snacks were no big deal though.

sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

No. I meant the ones you pay to get into. There are 3 at HK airport. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

@sarahSydney, then if you are referring to the lounge,if not mistaken known as Plaza Premium Lounge, where you pay like HKD350 for 3hrs which includes a lie-down and shower and food and beverages.

The airline lounge in HKIA- the best that I had experience is The Wing-even has a spa.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,725 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

CX has good lounges in HK although they can get crowded. You get more than just basic drinks and snacks. You can consider the buffet a light meal with several hot items and even some that are made-to-order. Alcoholic drinks are free. There are also showers, computer terminals, magazines, newspapers and TV's. The CX lounges are certainly much better than AA's (which I also frequent).

For entry into a CX lounge, note that you have to be traveling business class or above, or be a frequent flier with elite status in CX or the Oneworld Alliance. You cannot pay to enter a CX lounge, and I am not aware that a credit card allows you entry either.

If you need to use a pay lounge, the Plaza Premium lounges are available for use at HK Airport.

plaza-asia.com/index.php/locations/hongkong

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

@Sammyfloyd, not at The Wing,and Haven restaurant is unbeatable.

Well, for sarahSydney, wanna feel lucky,when you check in,use your lovely charisma,and ask nicely if you could have an invitation to CX lounge-sometimes airlines do extend such invitations to their lounge.

But I can tell you,once you are pampered with airline lounge,you better be prepared with your budget to travel the class,or fly and get those mileage to those Star Alliance/One World/Skyteam flying status.

have a nice flight.....well, as Kylie sang " I should be So Lucky" - "In my imagination, there is no complication" that you will be lucky to get an invitation to CX lounge in HKIA.

Cheerio.

Never underestimate- ask nicely--it is also the only way for airline to have new "passengers" in their business class and first class.

It is like a marketing tactics-once you hold something,experience it- say test drive of a vehicle- your emotions gets over you,and car salesman wants that-- when the head figure-hard to make the sell- you start to think about after sales service(nearest workshop), fuel consumption, residual value, insurance,road tax etc.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

I think the OP is asking for comments about the Plaza Premium Lounges, rather than how to obtain an invitation or personal experiences of the CX airline lounge.

The Plaza Shower and Relaxation Lounge offers what looks like comfy chairs, as well as, lie-down beds. From what I gather, you can get private suites, so, I imagine they'd be relatively quiet. But, I've never used the lounges myself, as I normally hang around the airport or head straight into town.

Image of chair/lie-down beds here: plaza-asia.com/index.php/hong-kong-gallery# Go to 'Page 4/6' and click on the first two images in that section.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

It's free if you have a Diners credit card. If you have Citibank credit card, check with the bank at home whether it allows you for free entrance. The Traveller's Lounge at East Hall (near Gate 2) is much spacious and comfortable than the one at the West Hall. No worth paying for entrance to the West Hall Lounge.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hong kong airpot lounges.

@arisanosila that's the spirit of TA forum- we had enquired and given pointers, and as there are forumers that search by topics posting, we further add our experience on HKIA airport lounges, and the more seasoned of us with contributions love to give advices on possibility that sometimes are thought before.

If you are of the opinion this is not your preference, there are other travel forums which are the least exploratory.

On the thread about Diners Club charge card- it does not give you access to airline lounge such as CX's, and credit cards regardless even if it is the World or Elite or Infinite do not grant you access to airline lounge and only to pay in lounges.

So please do not go to airline lounges and being embarrassed when they turn you away for showing a Diners Club charge card and/or black card credit card.