We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Singapore
Level Contributor
249 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Hi,

My trip from 7th August is closing in and I have yet to firm up my itinerary so I need as much help as possible. I am staying in YMT for 7 nights. Thanks.

7th August - Day 1

YMT / Mongkok / TST

8th August - Day 2

Central / Causeway Bay / Victoria Peak

9th August - Day 3

Stanley / Repulse Bay and probably Dragon's back trail

10th August - Day 4

Macau

11th August - Day 5

Kowloon City / Fo Tan / New Territories (wondering if NT towns are worthwhile to visit)

12th August - Day 6

Sai Kung / Tai Po / Geopark or Lamma (may change cos no information on geopark tour)

13th August - Day 7

no plan yet

14th August - Day 8

no plan yet

Day 5 to Day 8 is still not firm, urgently needed help.

1. We are not theme park people so not planning to go disney or ocean park

2. We are not temple people so not planning lantau, chi lin nunnery

3. We enjoy food, hong kong food and nice shopping

4. We love nature but minimal hiking cos rain is a hinderance

Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Boleh lah- relax brother.

Lantau do have some good nature trails also.

No plan is the best plan-because sometimes,the best comes out from it.

Can have Shek O-just love this place- Singha beer in hand and the beach..and well, tom yam soup--sometimes too much bland Chinese food. Seriously food is rather bland here,that's why I go to Macau- more spice.

All the best,and have a great holiday.

Those hiking pole could come in handy..ada style and gaya also.

Another Singaporean not around on his country's independence day..haha.

No worry bro..when Merdeka in Malaysia..I am also out of Malaysia mah.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,450 posts
5,665 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

11 August - Ma On Shan is a good look at a suburb of Hong Kong, not touristy with a nice city park and promenade that you can walk almost 3.5 km. However, its far from a top attraction in Hong Kong.

A better option for the N.T. is to make a 1/2 or 1/3 day trip to Shatin. Here is a trip list for Shatin, interesting park, great HK Heritage Museum and the 10,000 Buddha monastery.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24058-A_Day_in…

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

@shalom73, Shatin? also CheungChau.

Hey, what is rain? when over here, get a pro cam fis great Goretex rain jacket,and a Gore tex shoes-and go out and enjoy the rain.

Some one even singing in the rain right?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,450 posts
5,665 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

12 August - Sai Kung is the best option in my opinion. I'd skip Lamma. Lots of hiking available in Sai Kung area and Ma On Country parks. Sai Kung is a great seaside village/quasi ex-pat community. Great seaside wine bars, alfresco dining and very relaxed and casual place in HK. Its a fine choice.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,450 posts
5,665 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

For days you have nothing, can suggest a 1/2 day trip to Mongkok markets. Quite interesting and exotic (goldfish market) stuff there.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

The rest of your time, I'd just spend eating at some of endless list of great eateries/restaurants. Can find a lifetime worth in:

www.openrice.com

our city diners review website and forum.

Also, lots and lots of shopping and just street walking that can be done throughout the city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
249 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Wondering how to do in Sai Kung. Actually I put Sai Kung cos I want to go to Geo Park - Double Haven...

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Check out HK Extras (great site packed with tons of info about HK): http://www.hongkongextras.com/_sai_kung.html Plenty of good info there with photos and transport tips too for Sai Kung.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
359 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

in addition to the above suggestions, you may consider visiting the outer islands and the geoparks in hong kong

personally, tung ping chau is the best island and geopark i enjoy visiting as a local. but the ferry only operates during the weekends

the second one will be saikung east water reservoir. i also suggest hopping to some some islands near saikung by the private boats which could be easily found in the pier area

if time permits, you may take a kayak trip to some special unreachable geoparks near saikung

finally, consider spending a day in ping shan heritage trail and you can also find some good food in those areas

PM me if you need more help

Singapore
Level Contributor
249 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

Hi Wanson,

This is our first time to Hong Kong. I need more information about getting around the island on our own. We are travelling there during weekday so I suppose there isn't any tour.

I need more detail as to where should I go cos Geo Park is really big and I will prefer Tolo area instead of Sai Kung area as I know the sea in Sai Kung area is more rough. We may end up vomiting in the rough sea.

Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
359 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 Days 7 Nights Itineray Help

i PM-ed you back on the suggestions.

it worth to share it here which "high land" is worth a visit without having the need to take boat

Take bus no. 94 at Sai Kung Market or no. 96R at Diamond Hill MTR station (opearates on weekends and public holidays only). Get off after Pak Tam Chung and walk along Tai Mong Tsai Road to the junction ahead. Turn into Man Yee Road of Sai Kung on the right and walk on for about 9 km to the High Island Reservoir East Dam.

www.geopark.gov.hk/en_geopark_routel5.html

and trust me, the sea is not as rough as you thought. i would say that if you could survive from the boat journey from hk to macau, you will be totally fine with any boat trips in hk