We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

Hi,

I will be staying at Guangdong Hotel along Prat Ave in Tsim Sha Tsui, wondering where can l go for nice n cheap seafood in HK? Any good one near Tsim Sha Tsui or easily accessible from TST?

Singapore
Level Contributor
249 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

TST itself is touristy area, don't think the things there will be cheap. I don't really know any cheap and nice seafood, am searching too.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

@jojolimmh, not in TST though- most of us will head to Sai Kung-but not those touristy restaurants, or to Sek O,or Lamma.

But frankly speaking, HK is not really a place for seafood. They still cannot do a proper chilli crab la.

And many of the seafood products are actually from Kota Kinabalu,and ......Phuket.

Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

@MKtravel-Thks again for yr info. Oh, l wanted to try the lai liew ha, cheese lobbster n some other yummy seafood. M not a crab person so chilli crab not in my list but l love the bei feng tong crab(Fried with lots of dried chiili). Yummy..

@Shalom-Thks.. I saw somebody posted Po Toi O at the end of clearwater bay area just outside clearwater bay golf and country club is have nice seafood. But l dont know what is Po Toi O or where about is this place.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

HK is actually famous for Cantonese style seafood. That means steamed fish, boiled fresh shrimp, prawns in chili sauce, etc. There are plenty of restaurants of various budget levels near where you are staying. Just keep in mind that best and cheap never go together.

My suggestion for a decent place without breaking the bank is Ho Choi at Empire Center on Mody Road of Tsim Sha Tsui East. The restaurants at Sai Kung often prey on both tourists and locals. Quality and price aren't always in a good balance there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

Or would I say fresh and cheap in the case of seafood.

Actually it is ok for us in Sai Kung- we know the people there well, but the place will definitely be favored by many- plastic chair and bare tables.

6. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2011, 03:05
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

lai liew ha, cheese lobster- aiyah all come from Phuket, and to be frank I have my many fair chance tasting this in many areas of HK, they cannot do it to match what I had in batu kawan, or in Kukup la.

Also after I took my HK friends who are really into seafood tasting to KK- they keep mum already- now for seafood, KK or Phuket for them also

Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

@Sammy-Thank u very much for yr info.

@Mktravel-Not only fresh n cheap(Reasonable price l mean, S$50/HK$250 per person). dont mind run down place as long is clean, fresh and the cooking is nice which is important as my taste bud r more to spicy n salty type.N most important not sharing table with others, not rowdy and noisy. Dont mind paying a little more if the food r good, prepared to spend S$100 max per person. Used to go to LI Yu Meng, food there was gd but l wanted to try somewhere new. Thought of gg Sai Kong for seafood, heard is good n something like Li Yu Meng.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

Po Toi O, near Clearwater Bay Golf and Country club.

Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is the cheapest n best seafood?

Thks Katetam.. Is this Po Toi O seafood restaurant near any MTR? Which is the nearest MTR station to alight pls?