We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with pool

Adelaide
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with pool

Arrive back from China and have 1 night to fill in before flying out very late the next night. Can anyone suggest a Hotel for 2 with a pool about $100 (or under $150) near an MRT with easy access to some shopping and the airport. We are happy to travel on trains and buses.

Many place are already booked out in mid Sept.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with pool

I'm not sure if you use www.wotif.com/ in Australia, but you can select 'pool' as one of the options in the 'advanced search' section. You can also put in $150 (unfortunately, I looked at there's really not many choices available that are $100 or under) as the limit, and it'll bring up a list. There are still quite a number of hotels available, but, it really comes down to your dates, as there's a hike in prices on some dates in mid-September, while the price drops during other dates (e.g. there's a $100 difference on certain days for the YMCA Salisbury, for example).

Other sites to look at include: www.hotels.com/ or www.hotelclub.com.au or www.booking.com and others you're familiar with, as well as, comparing prices with the hotel's own site.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with pool

dianejoy, Doubt can get a hotel with pool for under USD(or AUD)150.

With the AEL, downtown Kowloon or HK island can be reached in under 28minutes.

If up slightly, can have the superior room in Regal Airport hotel for HKD1445(with seven days advance purchase) which includes breakfast and free internet. This is around USD185.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with pool

>> dianejoy, Doubt can get a hotel with pool for under USD(or AUD)150.

It may surprise you. Both Metropark Causeway Bay hotel (on the roof) and Island Pacific hotel have pools. Albeit tiny ones. I had stayed at both for under USD $150 a night. Island Pacific... firesale bargin for less than USD $100 - ended up, (more than I'd ever hope for).... a harbour view room.

But those are bargain rates and need some advanced booking. Island Pacific, to me it seems, constantly has last minute firesales on hotels.com.

Edited: 17 August 2011, 06:04
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with pool

@HappyFeet1234, thank you for surprising me ..and we hope OP could in fact avail of these rates in mid Sept.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with pool

with that price in mid to late September it is a bit difficult... you might have to choose somewhere a little further away or may be slightly over your budget. Below are some of the examples that is somewhat more convenient

Royal Plaza - 5 stars, in Prince Edward / Mongkok. Super nice swimming pool and health club. connected with a shopping mall. Next to Mongkok East MTR or about 10 mins walk to Mongkok MTR (laid on a more convenient line of MTR). Might be a bit over your limit

YMCA Salisbury - 4 stars, down town TST, the best location (5 minutes walk to Harbour City, one of the best malls in town) but have to share the swimming pool with the YMCA Club and the price might reach your highest limit

The City View - 3 stars, YauMaTei, a few minutes walk to either Ladies Market or Temple street market. 1 min walk to MTR station. it's also a YMCA so you will have to share with the club

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with pool

Also

Regal Hongkong Hotel (in Causeway Bay)

City Garden Hotel (in North Point)

Harbour Plaza North Point (in Quarry Bay)

fit your requirements.

Edited: 17 August 2011, 13:20
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with pool

Alternatively, if you stay at the BP international, there's a public pool in Kowloon park about a block away.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with pool

Dianejoy, we did stay at the Sky City Marriott, close to the airport, pool etc, free shuttle to airport and Tung Chung where you will find the City gate Outlet Mall.It maybe a little more than the budget but I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with pool

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes a lot are booked out mid Sept already.

I have narrowed it down to the Traders Hotel and Island Pacific. Any recommendation which to choose.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with pool

They are on my list of 'a bit further out' in Western District, the closest MTR is about 20-25min away on foot... between those two, I'd probably choose the Traders Hotel because of the newer rooms (refurbished just a couple of years ago) and better services