We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Tailor in HK

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable Tailor in HK

Hi All

Can anyone recommend an honest Tailor/shirt maker/trouser make in HK - on the island or mailland and could we post the finished goods back to Australia?

Thank

kayte

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

Take a look at some of the tailors listed on HK Tourism's site under the Quality Tourism Services Scheme: discoverhongkong.com/eng/…search-index.jsp Just select 'Custom Tailor's from the list => 'Add' => Hit 'Search' and voila (unless, you wanted to specific down to locations)! Many have their contact details listed, so, you might be able to get in touch with them first for any enquiries or check out their websites, if available.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Edited: 08 September 2011, 07:34
Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

You can post the goods by Hong Kong Post:

www.hongkongpost.com

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

Thank You Random Sunshi and Tin.

Will do.

Kind Regards

Kayte

4. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 11:50
Edited: 01 November 2011, 11:50
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,692 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

We used Empire International in Mody Rd for shirts. They posted them for us. Also L&K Custom tailors made excellent trousers/slacks and a woman's suit in just a few days. The black wool pants are in a superfine designer fabric that wears like a dream.

L&K were very happy to adjust trousers made for my husband after he lost weight and post them back. Both will keep your measurements and make things for you from OS. Prices were good.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

I have used Raja Fashions on Cameron Road

I would avoid Sams

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

My husband has had a number of suits, shirts and a morning suit made at Shaniel's on Nathan Road in TST.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

Thank You all so much - china advisor; lynn b; steve-ben; and taiwantraveller.

All comments and recommendations appreciated.

Regards

Kayte

Edited: 09 September 2011, 07:29
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

There are many threads on tailoring and I suggest you read them to get an idea of what you're in for. My suggestions would be to look around if you know anything about sewing, try to avoid those using touts (rule of thumb as some are just off the beaten track) or use those reccomended in a guide book or HKTB website. Make sure you allow for at least two fittings also.There are racks of secondhand suits in our Salvation Army places made in Asia which have quickly lost their shape. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reliable Tailor in HK

Thanks Guerilla

I guess there are many traps with competition so intense.

Regards

Kayte