We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dim Tai Fung

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Dim Tai Fung

I have just found out about this chain and am thinking of going to the one in Canton Road Kowloon is this one better or the same as the one on Hk Island and how long are the queues likely to be and would it be best to book or is that not possible.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dim Tai Fung

Dim Tai Fung is pretty good. I think booking is a good idea. Each time I went to Dim Tai Fung(Qingdao), it was full, I needed to wait for long time.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,535 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dim Tai Fung

The name is actually Ding Tai Fung. The one at Canton Rd is always crowded. Do they take reservation? If so I'd definitely make one.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dim Tai Fung

I think the location at Tsim Sha Tsui is about the same as the one at Causeway Bay. I have been to the one at Arcadia, California (Los Angeles area), and the one in Causeway Bay. They are basically the same. (To my surprise.) Ding Tai Fung did a very good job in quality control around the globe.

When I went to the Causeway Bay location (May 2011)... weekday evening. No queue at all. Got seated right away. And... looked around, the place was only half full! At Causeway Bay? During meal hour? (around 8pm). I was surprise again by that. Maybe DTF is not doing as well as they would like. Competition is very tough in the restaurant business in Hong Kong. Maybe its because it was slightly raining.

My favorite Ding Tai Fung signature items:

- Xiaolongbao

- Dan Dan Noodle

- Pork Chop Fried Rice

- Beef Shank

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,187 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dim Tai Fung

I do not believe Ding Tai Fung takes reservation. It's really not that crowded if you avoid the weekend rush hour. Relative to other similar restaurants, it's not cheap.

5. Re: Dim Tai Fung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 04:17