We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Chiangmai Thailand
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Hello,

Please give me a direction from Mongkok to Che Kun Temple? Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

I think you mean Che Kung. Do you mean the one in Shatin or the one in Ho Chung?

I asume the one in Shatin:

Take MTR Kwun Tong Line from Mong Kok direction Tiu Keng Leng, three stops, chenge to East Rail Line direction Lo Wo or Lok Ma Chau for one stop to Tai Wai, leave exit B and walk on the main street (Che Kung Miu) towards the temple (less than 300m):

Map: www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/images/maps/taw.pdf

Or change at Tai Wai to Ma On Shan Line for one stop to Che Kung Temple and leave exit B, similar distance to walk to the temple.

You can check here:

www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/flash_eng/index.php…

Other options are Bus or taxi. Taxi easiest, bus may be cheapest.

Chiangmai Thailand
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Hello cookie2011

Thank you very much for the direction to the Che Kung Temple, I believe, if I am going to the 10000 Buddhas temple, I can continue with the same MTR line from the Che Kung Temple and get off Shatin station. Please confirm. Thank you very much.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

The MTR (Ma On Shan Line) doesn't take you from Che Kung Temple to Shatin station directly. If you have a party of 3 or 4... it's best to just take a green taxi from the Che Kung Temple to MTR Shatin station. HKD $16.50. Because it's only about 1.5 km away.

If you want to take the MTR there... get back to the MTR Che Kung Temple station. Back track to theTai Wai station. Transfer to the East Rail Line (towards Lo Wo / Lok Ma Chau) to take one stop to Shatin. And to do that, you need to take the escalator down to the ground level, walk about 50m - 100m... then take another escalator up to the platform to take the train. (That's why taxi is much faster and easier.)

Edited: 18 September 2011, 08:27
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

You are correct in that Sha Tin Station is closest to 10,000 Buddhas Monastery. However this isn't on the same line as Che Kung Temple Station. For Che Kung Temple Station you change from East Rail Line to the Ma On Sha Line at Tai Wai. For 10,000 Buddhas Monastery you continue on East Rail past Tai Wai to the next stop which is Shatin Station.

It is possible to walk between Che Kung Temple and 10,000 Buddhas Temple, by the riverside, Sha Tin Park (on the opposite side of the river to Che Kung Temple), and New Town Plaza/Sha Tin Station, quite a pleasant walk which takes about 30 mins;

hongkongextras.com/_ten_thousand_buddhas_mon…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Of course you can go to Shatin by MTR.

Do not walk to Che Kung Temple station, but to Tai Wai. Take the MTR you left earlier. Just one stop to Shatin.

if you go by taxi, I would rather go to the entrance of the path to the 10000 Buddhas (behind the Shatin Government Office building) than to the Shatin MTR station. It would not mak much sense to walk back. ;-) Ask your hotel to write that down in Chinese to show it to the taxi. Otherwise you will be lost. It is an about 3km taxi ride, HKD 23 I would say. MTR is HKD3.1 p.P. (Octopus lower).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Simply take a taxi from Che Kung Temple to 10000 Buddhas... it takes only 5 minutes and cost about HK$25-HK$30

RED taxi are being used in Tai Wai and part of Shatin (at least where the 10000 Buddhas is).

Depends on where in Mongkok, you could walk up to the Mongkok East station (an East rail station) to avoid the few extra stops and the change.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

Here is a trip list for Shatin that we created for some friends that suggests how to walk from 10,000 buddha monastery, through New Town Plaza shopping mall and Sha Tin Park, over the canal to Che Kung Temple. Might be useful if you are interested in seeing some other Shatin attractions.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24058-A_Day_in…

Have a nice time at Che Kung and Man Fat Tsz (10,000 buddha) Monastery

8. Re: Mongkok to Che Kun Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:16