We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perranporth, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

I am visiting Hong Kong, in two weeks , I wondered if anybody could give me so up to date advice, I would just like to know some reliable Canon camera shops too visit.

Very many thanks

Ian

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,038 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

We pretty much only use Canon these days and do all of our lens and camera body shopping at a shop called Wing Shing in Mongkok. Not difficult to find, map on the website

http://www.wingshingphoto.com/

forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp…

Perranporth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Thank you, I assume they sell lenses as well? is the canon centre in Kowloon worth a visit?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,333 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Also try DCFever or Cam2. Both shops have websites as well. Just use Google to find them.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,038 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Yes! Wing Shing sells bodies and lens.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

def agree with bradjill...i always go to wing shing for cameras and phone

its one of the cheapest most realiable place in hk...

its not the CHEAPEST, but its cheaper than the stnadard electrical stores...howeveer no matter how much you buy they wont reduce any money...as they know they're cheap...they offer you something else instead like covers or something...depending on what you buy

there's 4 branches in mong kok

the easiest one to find is the one on sai yeung choi street....

its the end near argyle road...

if your at sai yeung choi street...lets say outside bodyshop...

stand in the direction so body shop is on your left...

walk forward right till you nearly get to the end... wing shing is on the left hand side...big sign with wing shing written on the front

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Dont be tempted by any of the nameless brightly lit stores on Nathan Road. They are rip off merchants who play on tourists.

Also, check and see how much the item would be at home - there may well be warranty issues

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

steve ben... i got conned first time when i was in hong kong about 10 years ago...i bought a portable vcd player

>___<

i dont know where your (poster) from

but amazon's really good for cameras... i normally buy my cameras from amazon, and hk mobiles from wing shing

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Hi Angel - like you I was once conned on Nathan Road by some saleman who told me that that the Fujila digital camera that I bought was actually a Fuji, but the company marketed under the name Fujila

Needless to say it failed within 2 days

Caveat Emptor

Perranporth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Thank you all, for all your advice, especially the directions to the store!, I am actually staying in Kowloon, so it should only be short walk from the hotel.I wont have much time as its just a stop over en route to the world cup in NZ!

very many thanks again

Ian

( Cornwall England)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canon cameras in Hong Kong !

Be very careful and only go to shops that people have recommended like wing shing, there's a lot of con artists out there. One scam is to offer you the camera for a very low price, they ask for a deposit, then say to come back usually the same day or the day before you're due to leave for the camera as they don't have one in the shop, when you return they'll say they couldn't get hold of one and will give you the deposit back it's only later that you'll find ou they have given you false notes.