We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

I've looked at so many accommodation reviews my head is spinning. Please can you help me decide between the 2 choices of Eaton Smart or The Salisbury. We arrive at 7pm on a Sunday and have all of the next day until 8pm. I would like to shop a little and see a couple of sights too so feel location is most important. Should I just toss a coin?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,922 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

yes, because most HK hotels are convenient and location is not THAT important unless you have choosen the few hotels located at some 'odder' places like the Warrick, Le Méridien or Harbour Plaza Resort City and the likes

Between the 2, they are both a 4 stars hotel with a better view available at the YMCA Salisbury and its proximity to the Harbour City (one of the best mall in HK). The Eaton Smart is slightly closer to MTR (a different one though) and the night markets

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

Thanks for your help. Think I'll go with The Salisbury to get a partial harbour view as it doesn't sound like much of a view at Eaton Smart.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

Salisbury has one of the best locations. I would take it as my first choice. Eaton is good too but just slightly less convenient than Salisbury.

And you are right... the view from Eaton is on Nathan Road or nearby buildings.

Edited: 14 November 2011, 06:21
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

Spent 5 days at the YMCA Salisbury earlier this year with a group of friends and it far exceeded our expectations. The location is unbeatable and the views are stunning. Pay the little bit extra for the Harbour view - it really is worth it.

Wanted to stay again this week but it is sadly booked out so we are going to the new Hotel Icon. It looks very flash and shiny and new but still doesnt have that location !

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,423 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

All things being equal, I'd also go with the Salisbury first, Eaton second. Have a nice trip to Hong Kong.

6. Re: Eaton Smart or The Salisbury??? Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 10:23