We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

Hi everyone!

Desperately seeking your help on a Hotel room with a magical view!

I'm staying for one night in Hong Kong... I would like a nice room in Tsim Sha Tsui with an amazing view of the Harbor...

I would like a room that costs no more than $200 AU that is safe for my belongings and has great position as I would like to walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui Light show which I believe is on every night at 8pm.

Thank you in advance! Im so excited to explore Hong Kong

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

I think you will struggle to get a room in TST with a knockout view of the Harbour for $200. When I was looking for same for my stay beginning this Saturday, the cheapest room with a great harbourview I could find was for Marco Polo Hong Kong, Harbourview Room and it was around an equivalent of AUD300 ex 10% service charge.

Have a look at YMCA the Salisbury - they have some harbourview rooms (not sure how amazing the views from those rooms are) and you may be able to get it for about $200 depending on when you travel.

Asia
Level Contributor
897 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

Ymca Salisbury and B P International House (topmost floors south facing rooms) would have views of Hong Kong Island's skyline if you do not mind their rooms being rather dated and their hostel vibe. If you are not travelling during the Rugby Sevens, China Golden Weeks and trade fair dates or Xmas, A$200 can buy you a night at newer T.S.T. hotels such as Harbor Plaza, Panorama, Hotel Icon, Citadines Ashley. Check out the special deals on Asiatravel. com and Wotif.com.

UK
Level Contributor
488 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

Save up more money and get a room at the Intercontinental - the views are stunning.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

YMCA Salisbury (not your typical YMCA hotel!), I think, would be your best bet, however, it might actually be above $200, depending on exactly when you'll be going. But, it has to be one of the best options around, as it's neighbour is the five star Peninsular Hotel, and the YMCA won't be charging you Peninsular prices for the harbourviews!

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

Just booked the Harbour Plaza metropolis for about this figure. Not all rooms will have the perfect view, but if you stay on the Club floor ,as we are, the clubfloor lounge has a wonderful view of the light show. Included in your rate will be Buffet breakfast, afternoon hors deuvers, ( little need to buy other food its so sustantial ) and a free cocktail 2hour evening,- drink as much as you wish ! Great value. The rooms are typically Smallish as per HK standard, but the lounge is very comfortable and available any time of day for your use.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

The Harbour Plaza Metropolis does have good views and the club lounge is fantastic, it is the only one we have been in that has a huge balcony and the views are great. Even though the rooms are small we didn't notice this as they have been so well designed. The only negative would be its location, it is actually in Hung Hom, not TST but still in walking distance and there is a shuttle bus.

7. Re: Hong Kong room with a View... Help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:20