We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend a hotel in HK

Perth
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend a hotel in HK

My hubby and I will be staying in HK for only a few days and would like hotel recommendations.

Last time we stayed at Rosedale on the Park and found that it was a good location close to shopping and transport.

Our requirements are that the hotel is close to transport, good eateries (luv dim sum) shops etc.

We saw Disneyworld last trip so are not bothered about going again.

Any recommendations?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

Holiday Inn express, Excelsior, Regal Hong Kong.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

if i want to stay Wanchai, which hotel is best?

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

PerthBarossaPearl, what's your budget range per night? That might help in giving some recommendations.

I agree with mKiara though about staying in Causeway Bay (huge fan of CWB here, so, I'm a bit biased!), particularly, if you like shopping! Or else, you could try staying on Kowloon this time 'round and check out Tsim Sha Tsui or Mongkok instead.

michael618, welcome to Tripadvisor and the HK Forums! :) You might consider posting on a separate forum. But, what's your budget range as well?

There's five star hotels in Wanchai like the Grand Hyatt HK Hotel and the Renaissance Harbourview Hotel, but, you're best off reading the reviews posted here on TA to find out whether the hotels you shortlist are what you'd be after. Is there any particular reason why you're staying in Wanchai? In HK, public transport is very efficient and brilliant, so, you could stay somewhere else (whether it be on HK Island or Kowloon), and still get to Wanchai very easily via the MTR, taxis, buses, etc.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Perth
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

Oops, sorry guys! We are looking to spend about AUD$150 per night and preferably less if possible.

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
487 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

bump

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

When will you be in HK? The reason I ask is because HK hotels have been quite expensive in recent years, and depending when you're going (e.g. peak period vs. non-peak period), I've seen hotels (and I'm talking just about your average four star hotel, and even, some 3-3.5 star hotels) priced at around the $180 per night mark, if not, $200 and more. That's really terrible news for travellers like me because I try to stick to the $150 or so mark, without compromising too much on quality, service, etc. as well!

Not sure of when your stay is but you could try hotels like Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay (which is actually within walking distance to Tin Hau MTR station instead, but, that's no real problem, as you'll be in Causeway Bay or elsewhere in no time at all), Butterfly on Prat in Tsim Sha Tsui on Kowloon (they also have two properties on HK Island - one in Causeway Bay and the other in Central), Eaton Smart Hotel, BP International, Cityview Hotel, etc.

Definitely take a look at differing sites like www.wotif.com/ or www.hotels.com/ or www.hotelclub.com.au/ and any others you're familiar with, including prices on the hotel's own website prices, so, you can get a good long list of hotels to check out, read up on reviews, etc. If you draw up a list of hotels you're interested, feel free to post them here, and we can advise on location, etc.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Sunnyvale,California...
Level Contributor
310 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

My sister and I just returned from a nine night stay in Hong Kong. We stayed at the Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon Hotel and had a wonderful experience. We stayed there from 2/15 to 2/24 and paid less than $150 USD per night. It's in an excellent location, near lots of shops and restaurants. A few minutes walk to the Temple Street and Jade markets. Easy access to local buses and the Jordan MTR subway. Easy to get to the hotel from the airport by taking the Airport bus A21 or Airport Express train/free shuttle K1. The hotel is four star rated and it was very clean and comfortable.

Edited: 27 February 2012, 10:28
Perth
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request. We will be in HK around the end of September, so I guess we will have to get serious soon about which hotel to stay in.

Like I said originally, it must be within easy reach of transport and eateries, those are really our main priorities.

Thanks

Julie

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

Another vote for Metropark Causeway Bay.

PS Whatever happened to Barossa Pearl?

Perth
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please recommend a hotel in HK

Hi Flanneur

If you are referring to the booze, then I am pretty sure that they stopped making it. For those of us old enough to remember it, that is something to be extremely grateful for! It was right up there with Rhinegold and Starwine.

Julie