We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong kong to shanghai itinary

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hong kong to shanghai itinary

Hi, myself and my partner were going to travel with explore on an organised trip from hk to shanghai taking in a 3 gorges cruise however cant get flights and trip dates to tie up. Thinking we may do it independently , fly to hk and have a couple of days there and fly back from shanghai after a couple of days there. happy to sort out hotels and sightseeing in both places but can anyone suggest an agent who could sort an itinerary out for 10 days in-between to include three gorges.

Thanks for any advice

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong kong to shanghai itinary

Why not just follow the itinerary of the organized tour you were going to take? I also suggest you bypass the three gorges.

birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong kong to shanghai itinary

Thanks for reply but why miss out the three gorges - I was thinking that and the new dam would be the highlight ???

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong kong to shanghai itinary

>> can anyone suggest an agent who could sort an itinerary out for 10 days in-between to include three gorges. <<

To "sort out" meanng what? You need an agent to book hotels/transportation tickets but an essentially self-paced, self-guided tour? Or you are looking for a custom package with a tour guide speaking English to custom-lead you through this 10-day tour?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong kong to shanghai itinary

If you are interested in huge construction projects such as a dam, then by all means go on the cruise. But if you interested in scenery then no, they essentially flooded the most interesting sceneries along the Yangtze River.

5. Re: Hong kong to shanghai itinary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 23:17