We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
698 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

This will be our first and probably only trip to Hong Kong. I would like to ask the people who live in Hong Kong- or those of you who have been there what are the 3 places you would suggest for a tourist that would give a great impression of your town. I have certainly thought more about my own town since I started travelling and I have managed to narrow places I would suggest people see down to three things. It certainly took me sometime but now when people ask me I can give them my honest opinion of my own town and what my favourite places that I would send a tourist. It is certainly well worth thinking about.

Many thanks in advance, I will be looking forward to writing them down.

Best wishes,

Keren

Busselton

Western Australia

1. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 12:19
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

What he said :-).

Mermaid Beach
Level Contributor
210 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Pretty much as per the previous posts, it depends on your tastes. Hong Kong offers a diverse range of things to do including the cultural (temples), environment (hong kong geo park), theme parks (disney and ocean park) and much more, but it's really spread out and you dont wont to waste time in transit.

SO, with ten hours, if it's your first time in HK, then it's all about Central, Victoria Harbour and Tsim Sha Tsui including the Peak Tram, mid-levels escalators and SoHo (great restaurants around here, mostly western style), a ride on the Star Ferry, the shops on Canton Rd, shopping on Nathan road and the markets in Mong Kok, don't miss the symphony of lights. On my first time in HK it was Victoria Harbour that left the biggest impression, welcometochina.com.au/… it really is one of my favorite places to be.

Also EAT! As mentioned earlier, if your there for breakfast, or even lunch at some restaurants, be sure to go for Dim Sum.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Night market in Kowloon ...and as was mentioned star ferry...maybe a bus to Stanley. Walk along the beach....I had been to HK 10 times before I found that. HK has a peaceful beach area.

Edited: 18 August 2012, 15:12
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

You can't miss the Peak and the Star ferry, everything else depends on what you like to do.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,862 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Peak, Star Ferry, Ding Ding Tram, Peninsula Hotel, Tsim Sha Tsui, dim sum lunch.

It also depends on which 10 hours of the day you are talking about.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

seems like u can't decide between Berlin, Vienna, HK, Bolgna, BAden-Baden, Naples, Folkestone etc...;)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,729 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Not much different to add. I'd probably concentrate my time on attractions in the Victor Harbor area and Peak. Here is a travel trip list with some options around Victoria Harbor.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27892-Best_of_…

Have a nice (quick) stop in HK.

Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Hi Keza

I just bumped into your post and thought I would add my thoughts.

I am from Perth, have been to Hong Kong quite a few times over the decades and always enjoy a day or two stopover on my way to the UK.

Assuming you are there during daylight hours; and remembering not much opens until 10-11 am.

If I am there for a day, from the Tsim Sha Sui side I would always:

1) Take a ferry trip across the harbour from Tsim Sha Tsui;

2) Catch the bus from the island up to the peak

3) Come back and catch the ferry from the Island back to Tsim Sha Sui

4) Stand on the Tsim Sha Tsui side of the harbour and admire the view and development

5) Browse the China department store near the ferry terminus

5) Walk back into the Shopping mall near the ferry, explore for maybe 1/2 - 1 hour.

6) Exit into Haiphong Rd and walk to Nathan Rd.

6) Along Haiphong Rd, explore the Mosque Park and end up in Nathan St

7) Expore Nathan St and the side streets.

8) Maybe find somewhere to eat

8) Keep walking up to Temple St area (and if it is night (after 7pm) go into Temple St

9) Another snack?

10 Wonder back and then catch the train back to the airport (or if I have time another return ferry trip to reenforce the skyline!)

It all depends how much energy and time you have !!!

Regards

london,
Level Contributor
119 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 Hours in Hong Kong what 2 things to see

Noones mentioned reflexology!!! You might appreciate the amazing experience after all that rushing around. oh and i like tea at the peninsula plus all of the recommendations above.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 09:17