We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Vpn for Hong Kong

Shanghai
4 posts
Save Topic
Best Vpn for Hong Kong

Hello All,

I am looking for a good vpn while staying in Hong kong.

I read this interesting review about HMA and Pure, what do you think ?

www.thevpnreviewer.com/best-vpn-hong-kong/

Thx

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

You don't need a VPN if you are staying in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has different laws than in China. It basically is like using the internet in countries such as the USA and Canada - free and uncensored internet.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,853 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

OP intends to use VPN in HK to bypass copyright restrictions. Or it's an advertisement disguised as a question.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 23:03
Shanghai
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

Hello,

I am actually asking cause i'd like to access bbc iplayer from HK.

Last time i was there most of the website i used to stream news or movie were blocked.

Any way i finally subscribed and will be travelling soon.

Cheers

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,480 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

VPNs are not only used in China to get around the censorship. It also gives you an IP address that make you appear to be in a different place therefore giving you access to content that is only available in certain countries.

Shanghai
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

Exactly this is why i bought it !

And also i might go to China Shanghai next week so will be useful to access Facebook.

By the way i bought this one, check this review if you want : thevpnreviewer.com/reviews/pure-vpn-review/

6. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 09:05
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

This thread has degenerated into a series of competing ads. Suggest it be deleted.

8. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 09:05
Edited: 30 November 2012, 09:05
9. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

Removed on: 08 January 2013, 08:05
Karachi, Sindh...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Vpn for Hong Kong

I am personally using PureVPn service because one major thing of pure vpn is hong kong base company first think before buy purevpn service i was findling Hong kong VPN service providers and i got a list and i share this list from here i hope its helps for everyone (bestvpnservice.com/blog/best-hongkong-vpn/)