We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Hongkong?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Hongkong?

We have decided (me and my teenager daughter- 15) on very short notice to visit Hongkong end of next week. We have never been to Hongkong before and love shopping and sightseeing. We do want to visit Oceanpark and Disney. Please advise us on have many days we need to explore HongKong?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,435 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

If you want to go to both Ocean Park and Disney, that would be two full days already. Therefore, I suggest coming for 5 to 7 days. Note that this is a subjective opinion as everyone travels at his/her own pace. Also, how much time you want to allocate for shopping affects your sightseeing plans as well.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,665 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

I was going to say 4-10 days depending on whether you want to spend a day or 2 in Macau and/or a shopping trip to Shenzhen as well. If you are coming all the way from SA, better stay as long as you can!! Don't forget the outer islands such as Lamma & Cheung Chau.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,435 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

I do agree with Zhuhai. 5 to 7 days would be minimum. Having flown all the way here, I hope you will be able to give yourself enough time.

4. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 11:55
South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

Thank you all sooo much for the useful info. Well ,at this moment I do not know much but I intend to surf until very late tonight to get the hang of things. Must still book hotel - seems like Causeway is the option after reading some reviews.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

Hi Roxy, I'm typing from Causeway right now, it's a great part of HOng Kong island! (Check out my blog if you'd like http://www.globejetter.co.uk/ )

I love Hong Kong, been here for 2 days and still need to see more. I would recommend based on the parks you've mentioned 5-7 days. And don't be worried about getting around the Metro system is super super easy to navigate. Top 2 additional site I would recommend are Big Buddha and the Victoria Peak look out.

Happy booking and enjoy Hong Kong :)

Laura

Moruya, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

Roxy,

An absolute minimum would be 4 days......and that would be too short for me and I've been there several times before. My suggestion would be 4 to 8 days. 6 would be perfect....and believe me, once you've left, you'll want to go back. Its an addictive place.

Dont overlook the YMCA Salisbury Hotel in Kowloon. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294217-d305913…

Whatever you chose to do....Good Luck.

Cheers,

Rob

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

My family and I did HK last December and had 5 FULL days and still not long enough. We're headed back this December and adding 3 more full days after a trip to Laos. So much to see and do...the city has it all, plenty of sightseeing and shopping, plus within an hour you can be hiking beautiful trails with ocean views and visiting small fishing villages.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,271 posts
5,506 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

Most of our guests stay 6-8 nights depending on how far they have flown from and if they intend to visit macau as well.

Have a look at top question must see attractions in HK if useful.

South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days in Hongkong?

Thanks for all the new postings, it is so helpfull, after surfing all the Hongkong sites yesterday we have decided to stay for 8 days.