We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumbo floating restaurant

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Jumbo floating restaurant

How do we travel from Tsimshatsui to the Jumbo floating restaurant and back? Do I have to make a reservation?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,737 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

You take a taxi. We made reservations. I don't know if they are required.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

If you want to take a bus there, you can ride bus 973 - same route as mentioned in your other thread going to Ocean Park from Tsim Sha Tsui East.

There might be a better way, but I think the easiest is maybe alighting at bus stop #25 "Yue Fai Road, Aberdeen Main Road". Then walk along Aberdeen Main Road in the same direction for about 200 meters. Find the pedestrian subway to cross the major road "Aberdeen Praya Road" to reach Aberdeen Promenade. Find the pier that you can take the free shuttle boat to reach Jumbo.

Excerpt from Hong Kong Extras:

Frequent free shuttle boats operate to the floating restaurants from both Aberdeen Promenade and Sham Wan Pier. Journey time is about ten minutes. There is no obligation to dine at the restaurants and visitors can take the opportunity to use the free shuttles to simply explore the facilities on the floating restaurants. Diners spending over HK$600 are entitled to reimbursement of taxi fare up to HK$80 to reach the shuttle boat piers subject to production of receipt.

http://www.hongkongextras.com/_aberdeen.html

Same way back. Bus 973. (Opposite travel direction). The bus stop is just right there at the Aberdeen Promenade.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

If speed matters, take MTR across the harbor first to Admiralty and take a taxi there so you avoid the frequent traffic jam at the tunnel.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

973 uses Western Tunnel. Is it that bad?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

depends when u take the western tunnel...but generally speaking it is faster than the cross-harbour tunnel...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
866 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

I would hop over to Admiralty MTR (one stop from TST) and then catch the number 75 to Shum Wan right next to the restaurant pontoons/ferries. Much closer that going to Aberdeen Praya Rd. Journey time is about 20 mins by bus.

Or catch a cab from Admiralty, it will cost about $60 (takes 10 mins).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

I'd take the MTR to Admiralty, and a taxi from there. Quick and not very expensive.

South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

Thanks so much for all the usefull info.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,174 posts
5,419 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

Just a cautionary note about the Jumbo, if you were unaware. Many consider the Jumbo in Aberdeen to be a tourist trap, serving below standard food at highly inflated tourist prices. You can do a quick search on the Jumbo by just typing it into the Search Box at the top of this page to read past discussions about this restaurant in Hong Kong.

Have a nice trip to HK.

South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumbo floating restaurant

Another thing that also concerned me was the restaurant website-no usefull info !