We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saterday night travel from hotel to airport.

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Saterday night travel from hotel to airport.

We will be staying in Tsim tsha tsui East. Our flight is at 23h50 on a Saterday-what time should we leave for the airport?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saterday night travel from hotel to airport.

Taxi: Leave hotel around 21:00, definitely no later than 21:30. The ride should take 30+ minutes.

Free connecting buses onto Airport Express train: Around 20:30 should be fine. You should be able to get to Kowloon Station around 21:00. Check-in normally doesn't take more than 15 minutes so you should be able to board the train by 21:30. You should be able to reach the airport by 22:00.

Airport Bus: Head to the bus stop just after 20:00. Add some waiting time for the bus and the bus journey (around 60-75 minutes) and you should get to the airport by 21:30 to 21:45.

South Africa
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saterday night travel from hotel to airport.

Thanks again Sammy for info. This is our first time to HK and I had 8 days to plan the whole entire trip (airline tickets-hotel-info etc) , but I have surfed the web for many hours, so I know we are more than ready! Leaving Thursday afternoon for a 14 hour flight from South Africa.

3. Re: Saterday night travel from hotel to airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:18