We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me with transportation details for my itinerary

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Topic
help me with transportation details for my itinerary

reaching Hongkong on 22nd oct at 11 am, two days stay at disney hollywood hotel, 22nd and 23rd, reach macau foe two days stay i.e. 24th and 25th, and return back to honkong for one night stay on 26th at L'hotel island south.as my flight bcd to bangalore is on 27th at 10pm, i nearly have two days at honkong.

I need adv. on best ways of transportation as well as good vegetarian food availability as we are husband - wife and two children of 9 and 6.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

Please define 'best', ie cheapest? most convenient? The best (most convenient) way to get to disney hollywood IMO would be taxi. Is that OK? Also - where do you want to go? Advice on airport- disney, HK - Macau, hotel - airport, or advice on getting round Homg Kong?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

Best way for transport around HK would be to use the excellent subway system, or the slower but more scenic buses. Be sure to get the Octopus card for each of you.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,286 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

If you haven't booked your hotels yet, consider leaving Macau until last and taking the ferry direct from Macau to HKIA. It saves a lot of time in immigration queues!

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

Thanks for the inputs. should i be using taxi to reach honkong macau ferry terminal from disneyland as i will be with my baggages and family? what will be the taxi fare? also, how can i travel to and from sheraton at macau?

where can i get good vegetarian food in honking and macau?

and then, getting around in honkong.... is it better to buy entry tickets to theme parks at the airport ? can i get them at discount rates?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

Subway can do everything for your trip

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

China Travel Service does have a counter at HK Airport where you can buy discounted tickets, so, may be worth asking them.

How much luggage do you have? I think taxi is a good option, as it is convenient, but if you have a lot of luggage or a lot of large luggages, then, sometimes, even one taxi is not enough, but should be fine for most.

For vegetarian restaurants in HK:

- My favourite website is this one: vegan.hk/en/2012-06-12-04-19-46/restaurant as it gives you details of the names of vegetarian restaurants in English and Chinese

- For restaurant reviews of vegetarian restaurants, check out OpenRice: www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr1.htm…

- Just another website with a listing of vegetarian restaurants: http://www.happycow.net/asia/china/hong_kong/ HappyCow also has a listing of vegetarian restaurants in Macau: http://www.happycow.net/asia/china/macau/

Don't forget that all restaurants in HK and Macau will have some vegetarian dishes too. Not sure how strict of a vegetarian you are, but, you may wish to ask in advance about how they prepare the dishes (if just in your normal everyday restaurant), in case they use beef stock or other meat/meat-based ingredients.

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

thanks a lot to all of u for the great tips.....

now i feel a lil more relaxed about the whole trip.

hope to enjoy our holiday.

Thanks a lot once again.

8. Re: help me with transportation details for my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:19