We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK Private Guide?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
France
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
HK Private Guide?

Besides Jacky, who is not available most of the time we will be in Hong Kong, does anyone know an awesome private guide for Hong Kong and Macau?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HK Private Guide?

HK is not a city where a private guide would be a must, as it is very easy to get around yourself, and Macau too. However, if you do prefer private guides, look at the 'Tours' section here - tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g294217-Activ… Some of the guides listed get very positive reviews.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,046 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HK Private Guide?

Some additional thoughts about tour guides vs. independent travel in HK an be found in the Top Question (FAQ) Should I join a city tour?

Good luck deciding what to do.

France
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HK Private Guide?

Thank you, yes, I have already looked at those resources. I'm just looking for current personal recommendations here.

Stockport
Level Contributor
917 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HK Private Guide?

You may be better asking this question somewhere like the Fodors forum. I think their members are more likely to use private guides than TA members.

5. Re: HK Private Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 16:06
6. Re: HK Private Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 10:15